Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failsafes........Help!

Hi all,

For iMPACT I need a failsafe to compete in any major event. However to compete in Roaming Robots it needs to be a Removeable link. What?!
    Someone please help me. Any advice on failsafes will suffice.

Thanks

Rob

How do I attach it to the actual robot; would I have a panel sticking out of the armour or what?
    And how much to these things cost? And for a FW do I need a kill switch?

Thanks Woody

Rob

Most people have an open slot in the robot armour, or a door pannel that opens (with out the need for tools) to get access to put in or remove the link. They are a couple of quid from Technobots or slighly more expensive from RS.

As for a kill switch no you dont need one, you need RC failsafes on each channel, some speed controllers failsafe as standard. And a removable link that removes all power from the robot.

Cool, so which SCs do have a failsafe as standard.
    And Does this mean I need to have 5 failsafes, one for each channel?

Thanks,

Rob

You only need a failsafe on the channels you plan to use, i.e one for each drive motor and one for weapon, depending what it is obviously. Woody is right, if you get a specktrum BR setup then you wont need any secondary failsafes.

But since you asked, Electronize and vantecs are the only speeds i have used and both have failsafes built in.

from what i have done the electronize failsafes dont work, i always needed extra ones

Register To Comment