Register To Comment
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hydra for Sale

dave can i just say something and please dont be offended. if you go and see hydra and you like it and BUY it........
    i think dennis should give you a bit of a saftey lesson on owning a heavyweight robot...
    you should seek some good advice from the likes of geoff thorpe or andy kane on saftey issues...
    know what you are buying and realise what it can do.

you are buying a dangerous weapon, not just a robot to play with. take my advice seriously mate no-one wants to see you get hurt.

sorry i meant geoff smith not thorpe

Hmmm - I agree with what shanes said. David - you havent had the experience with your featerweight axe/pneumatics yet, and going to something as good and dangerous as Hydra could be a big mistake if your not seriously carefull. The same to Shane and Matt. Ive seen Hydra run at cosford and its good.
    Who-ever ends up with the robot - just keep it in good condition. Alot of robots sold on end up ruined :sad:

Thats not really fair Grant. Most robots that are sold are not exactly new ones, they have been standing in garages all over the UK. They have not had the benefit of years of progress the most of the current live event robots had.

Obsidian came of really lucky in that aspect in the UK champs last year. Had I been drawn against Terrorhurtz or Kan-Opener there wouldnt have been a straight piece of frame left. It already broke something on the landing when Kronic flipped it out of the arena. A robot like Beast or Envy can take that kind of abuse easily. Hydra has already proven i can stay in one piece by landing on the arena barrier during series 7 without much damage.

I think your right in some respects grant.

Although It doesnt matter if it is a new or old robot, it depends on the level of love and care it is given.

Some roboteers spend time repairing, and improving their robots, and they are rewarded by consistantly winning fights, and minimise reliabilty issues at events.

Others maybe dont have time, or the inclanation and maybe suffer from reliablilty problems as a consequence.

Every robot will only be as good as it is built, or maintained, but they can degrade easily without a bit of work.

John

After a lengthy (and loud) discussion with my parents its been decided I have no where to keep Hydra, so I must withdraw my bid. Good luck to whoever buys it, its a great robot.

And to be honest, Grant and Shane have a point, I can barely figure out the pneumatics on Hells Angel, let alone a Heavyweight, so I better get them right first, no offense taken Shane

Who knows, when I have the knowledge and the space, Hell Machine may come to an event near you..

Leo - sorry i didnt wasnt talking about all machines sold. But I have seen my fair share of once great robots reduced to rubbish due to lack of care. I know i would never sell ploughbot even if i gave up, just because i couldnt bear to see someone just stick a bit of gaffer tape over everything and driving round with bent axles - especially due to the amount of time and money its taken me.

Register To Comment