Register To Comment
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 UK championships

One of the 3 RR events I cant go to and it had to be the UK HW champs.

I have a question: How come its over 2 days as opposed to 4/5days as the previous one was ?

Well done RR for getting the UK champs. When was the vote held, I must have missed that one?

Isnt it gonna be too noisy to do a competition like that at an airshow though, and 2 days seems too short for the major competition of the year?

Roboteer

The governing body decided who should host the UK championships from the proposals put forward by both Roaming Robots and Robots Live. This was decided over email ballot earlier this month due to specific request by the event organisers for a speedy decision.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

I agree with Chris, I am not too thrilled about the choice for Fairford either. I really wanted to go to Fairford, but if it is done as the UK championship that means I must go to a qualifier to go there.

Is this going to be one of those long threads going on and on about tangents and how it€™s not fair again? If so please count me out!

Just to say well done to RR for getting the gig, if I can compete in this then great, if my robot sucks so bad it cant compete then the fault lies with my sad robot design. And I will be in the crowd cheering or helping other teams where I can. What ever happens I€™m looking forward to the show.

Sorry if the last post seemed a little harsh it€™s not my intention to offend.

Register To Comment