Register To Comment
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The K-TOAD tournament

davids
    The Key To Open Any Door Tournament

Right, Im working on a similar line to Here I Go Again, where Im keeping things nice and simple, however like Here I Go Again, the numbers are going up.

What I need is for 16 people to enter 2 vapourbots each, on a first-come first served basis, which will give 32 machines in total. There are seeds of:
    1 - Frank
    2 - Paul
    3 - Martyn
    4 - Kody

So if those people enter, can they select one of their 2 machines to be the seed.

I think I have covered everything, 100KG limit for tracks.

Get Cracking

BTW, there will be a prize for the first person to guess the link between the names of my last tournament and this one

Avarice

Relevant link to stats - http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=heavieshttp://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...?board=heavies

EDIT: Darn, cant enter Super Gore Evo thanks to your 100kg track rule. :P Well, my next entry will come in a bit. Finishing it up...

(Message edited by kodster on January 14, 200

By the way, the link is that the titles you chose for the tournaments are from lyrics of Whitesnake songs, particularly Here I Go Again and Is This Love. :wink:

davids
    Well done Kody

Is This Love was the next single after Here I Go Again (according to wikipedia)

davids
    And by the power of Google Docs:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pu1JTlT8jNCWbjPZ6w85weQhttp://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...NCWbjPZ6w85weQ

If that works

Ill enter Drilla Killa 7 and Tenderizers Revenge 2.

DRILLA KILLA 7
    Weight: 99kg
    Shape: Low invertable box, painted red, with a Tornado-like low wedge at the front, and an upside down one at the back for when the robot is upside down, and skirts at the sides fixed at the centre so they work whichever way up the robot is
    Dimensions: 110 x 40 x 25
    Speed: 17mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 at front due to wedge; 0 at sides due to skirts, 3mm behind skirts, 25cm at most at back due to inverted wedge
    Turning Circle: 2cm
    Armour: 5mm Hardox
    Wheels: 6, inside robot
    Power: 4 Perm 080s motors on 24V powered by 24V @ 12amp batteries
    Weapon: Each wedge has a hole in the centre - inside each hole is a diamond tipped drill, spinning at 600 rpm, which comes out of the hole using a motor. It can come out to cause damage when an opponent is on the wedge, or can stay out and cause damage when the robot rams opponents.
    Srimech: Invertable; cannot rest on sides due to skirts
    Tactics: To get under unskirted opponents, slam them around and bring out the drills to damage their underbellies; to ram skirted opponents with the drills out and try to cause damage
    Strengths: Good pushing power
    Weaknesses: Drills may not penetrate very thick armour; high ground clearance at back

TENDERIZERS REVENGE 2
    Weight: 97kg
    Shape: Low invertable box with low wedge at the front and inverted wedge at the back - painted blue with its name painted to look like blood on the skirts
    Dimensions: 90 x 90 x 20
    Speed: 15mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 all around due to low wedge and skirts, 2mm behind side skirts, 20cm behind skirt on inverted wedge. Both wedges have skirts attached to them at their edge. The wedge and side skirts are attached to rotatable cylinders inside the robot (or wedge) so they can be moved up and down. When they are down, they are very low and its hard to get underneath, but the robots speed is reduced to 9mph. The side skirts can go up to a point where they work inverted. The skirts on the wedges move within 90 degrees - when their wedge is inverted, they are in a vertical position to repel flippers, and when their wedge is right way up, they are in a horizontal position, riding along the ground to help get under robots. When the robot is moving around normally, all skirts except the front wedge one are pulled down low but not to maximum lowness so it can move quickly - the skirts go to maximum lowness if a flipper comes anywhere near it.
    Armour: Main body has 5mm polycarbonate on top of 5mm titanium, skirts are 4mm titanium, wedges are 5mm hardox
    Wheels: 4, inside robot
    Power: 4 Perm 080s motors on 24V powered by 24V @ 12amp batteries
    Weapon: An electrically powered lifting arm, which runs along half of the top of the robot - its tip is pointed to help hold onto robots, and is at the point where the wedge meets the body, and it does not go down the wedge. It can rotate through 360 degrees so it can be used when the robot is inverted.
    Srimech: Invertable - arm will act as srimech, but this will hardly happen as the robot works identically both ways up. Moveable skirts prevent it from resting on its sides.
    Tactics: Run into opponents, try to get under them, then get them onto its top and onto the arm. The arm turns them over, or catches them so I can carry them around.
    Strengths: Decent pushing power; moveable skirts; difficult to attack by flippers
    Weaknesses: May struggle to use arm against some opponents

Register To Comment