Register To Comment
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The K-TOAD tournament

You cant do that now, the line-ups are already up. :P

davids
    I wonder which would win, Counter vs. Boxy.

Counter is alright, as the deadly acid weapon wont play a part as its not allowed. Curse my laziness in checking robots

Mmm...recalculated Tira IIIs kJ properly...so Im gonna give proper tactics, and predictions too.

Acronyms vs. Hypertension Mk 3

I think Matty could swing this one. An OOTA might do it. Acronyms IIRC is the one with the gimble-system jaw weapon, and it looks NASTY, but I think Hypertension can get around it and go for an OOTA. If not, lord help him.

Baldur vs. Tira III

Okay. Baldur is quite tough, but if Tira can get some good hits on the 5mm hardox sides and rear she can probably tear off a panel or two thanks to the 98.5kJ she dishes out in every hit. Dont aim for the front at all, as its gonna be hard too damage. Chances are hell get in there a lot anyway, but hell get flipped over every time by the disc, allowing Tira to attack the rear. If Im lucky hopefully Baldurs scoops mechanism will break after enough hits. Tiras side plows should stop him from getting at her own sides and rear, and throw him into the disc. This battle doesnt look so bad after a while.

Orka MK4 vs. Avarice (4)

This, however, does. Orka is quite a tough machine, and has more than enough power to boss Avarice around the arena. Im not sure what Avarice can do to Orka, to be honest, but hopefully my newly reinforced axe will stay on after it hits a few times. Anyway my main tactics for Avarice are to try to get under him. It doesnt matter where, just get under him. When Avarice does, ram him into a wall and whack him with that axe. If he doesnt, give him a whack and retreat, then try again. Right whenver I get flipped. Occasionally drive circles around him to confuse him.

Metal Sonic Spin Dash vs. Axe To Fall

Both good machines, but MSSD I think has the advantage due to a weapon that can actually damage vulnerable parts. I think he will get under Axe to Fall more often than vice-versa, and then saw the tires. Steve for the win, I think.

Wedgas Revenge vs. GBOD

Im liking GBOD, but this aint his match. Its a good spinner, but I think Wedga will edge him out here.

Flick of the Wrist vs. Forklift 2 (3)

Flick of the Wrist, fast drive, powerful lifting spikes, but he presents lots of areas for Forklift to attack, while Forklift doesnt. That flipper of Forklifts will certainly get under the 1st series champ and toss him around quite a bit. This is Martyns match, sorry Martijn. :sad:

Tenderizers Revenge 2 vs. Resonance

Resonance looks devastating. If Tenderizer can get in and stop that drum from reaching full speed, then he has a shot, but its not looking good from my point of view.

Disco-Tech 2 vs. BIACS-LE

If this goes to a JD, Id vote Disco-Tech 2 for cosmetic damage, but I think BIACS-LE can produce a KO here before that happens.

Drilla Killa 7 vs. D-J

Tim actually has a half-near realistic vapourbot here. Not that it makes any difference. Drilla Killa to pit him instantly.

Nitro-Gene 2 (2) vs. Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus

Not looking good for Paul. Then again, Chaos 2 had a lot of GC and Wheely Big Cheese couldnt get squat done. In a battle of two good flippers...I think I will side with Nitro-Gene 2 as he has a better rate of attack then Die-Ceratops, but if Die-Ceratops gets one flip in, itll likely be the end for Nitro-Gene.

Flyte vs. Autosim

Flyte to toss Pauls bot OOTA.

Turbo Tails vs. Counter

Turbo Tails for the KO.

Shiny Happy People vs. The May Tracks Have You (1)

I think I will take May Tracks here for the KO.

Eternia vs. Dante

40mm HDPE armour is VERY good for standing up to a mean disc like Dantes. Plus Dante has to self-right every time he gets flipped, and Eternia can just keep charging in every time. Leo will take this one.

Death Threat 0.1 vs. Boxy

Death Threat.

SOR Hex vs. Cat With Wheels

Cat With Wheels looks like a good vapourbot . Unfortunately, I think SoR Hex can outdo it here due to that rear horizontal bar. Cat With Wheels to get the skirts torn off, and then some nice flips at the sides will leave it outside the arena.

Thus, predictions and improved tactics.

Ah for some strange reason this reminds me of the time I came up with a robot with a gallium cored cooled spike - gallium being a metal that melts at room temperature. Essentially when it pierced a robot the core would melt due to the temperature in the other bot, drip out and short circuit everything inside the other robots. Its so unbelievably illegal though, lol

This is shaping up to be a great tournament!

«Wedga€™s Revenge vs. GBOD»

I am actually quite happy with this draw. GBOD is a very good shell spinner but Wedga€™s Revenge is designed to beat it in almost every possible way. First of all I need to use my front scoop to drive into GBOD and stall the shell. Being rounded and only having a Bosch drive it really isn€™t suited to pushing so from there I should find it easy to push it against the wall. From there I can slide under that 10mm ground clearance and throw it over. Up against the wall I have a good chance of throwing it clean OOTA. If not then just put it on its back - those vertical self righting bars never work, so I€™ll just watch it bounce helplessly around the ring like a mad spinning top. If I repeat this process throughout the match it should be fairly simple.

«SOR Hex vs. Cat With Wheels»

Cat With Wheels is a pretty solid vapourbot, but the difference between the two bots in this fight is that I also have the destructibility factor. I€™ll be using the horizontal bar in this fight. Basically I€™ll be aiming to spin up and try and take out those side skirts. If I can get a couple of decent hits on them they should eventually come off. Then that allows me to exploit that high ground clearance with my flipper and flip it around a bit. Basically I€™ll be nagging away at the side panels and skirts in this match with the spinner, and just using a couple of flips now and then so I can conserve my flipper for self-righting. As I am skirted, invertible and can self-right it isn€™t really going to pose much of a problem.

My predictions for the winners of the other fights are: Acronyms, Baldur, Avarice, Axe to Fall, Flick of the Wrist, Resonance, BIACS-LE, Drilla Killa 7, Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus, Flyte, Turbo Tails, The May Tracks Have You, Eternia and Death Threat 0.1

Tim: The draw has already been made€¦ I doubt you can pull out now. It€™s no good calling us freaks because you made a robot that is clearly illegal. Chris pretty much said it perfectly, you€™re design would be a disadvantage to us, not to you. So why is it us that do not want fair fights? This is by far the best tournament format that has been around for a long time - so don€™t ruin it for us! :P

davids
    quote:

OK Ill withdraw Counter seeing as you freaks dont want fair fights.

As you say. Turbo Tails gets a bye into round 2

davids
    Im going to try and hit on with the 1st fight this evening...

...however if you think that is Acronyms vs. Hypertension Mk 3, than your very much mistaken, as that is what you would be expecting

Register To Comment