Register To Comment
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye Of The Robot - Series 3 (My first real tornument!

I was lying awake last night, thinking what a git Id been just to give up vapourboteering because people knew I was acting like a child. I apologise for it, I wont throw my toys out the pram anymore, I wont be mean or horrid to anyone anymore, and will write better fights and I will take advice now.

So I have also decided to reopen my E.O.T.R Series 3, which I asked to close when I went into a paddy. I hope you enjoy it!

EYE OF THE ROBOT - SERIES 3

This is the start of a new era of fictional roboteering. Inspired by the FightingRobots fan fiction forum, I€™ve made a new tournament - Eye of the Robot (E.O.T.R). This is a great task for me to learn to write longer things, and put more effort into what I do, and not rush it.

This was an awesome achievement for me, Series 1 had 72 robots, 71 losing, but one great robot winning, called Killotine: EVO, belonging to Steven McGregor. Killotine intended to keep the crown, but he couldn€™t keep onto it, but another Steven McGregor robot was there to grab onto the title, and it got there by using its mighty ring of doom and using his 9 teeth to wreck carnage, as Whirligig 4.0 bashed its way to greatness! Now, the extra 95 robots must take the crown off him

The line-up is going to be like this

HEATS

R1 - 2 x 3 ROBOT MELLES, TWO GO THROUGH
    R2 - 2 x 1 ON 1, TWO ROBOTS GOES THROUGH
    R3 - 1 x 1 ON 1, ONE ROBOT GOES THROUGH

SEMI-FINALS

R4 - 4 x 1 ON 1, FOUR ROBOTS GO THROUGH
    R5 - 2 x 1 ON 1, TWO ROBOTS GO THROUGH

GRAND FINAL

R6 - 2 x 1 ON 1, TWO ROBOTS GO THROUGH

PLAY-OFF - 1 x ONE ON ONE

R7 (GRAND FINAL) - ONE ON ONE

Now for the arena:

The Arena

The €˜WreckTaGon€™ is a hexagon shaped arena with three starting squares, coloured gold, green and blue. Originally, it had very little in the way of hazards, and still does, but these are very deadly - we still have the flipping spikes, and we also have the impaling spikes, set in sets of 5 in each corner of the arena, each made of Hardox and designed to cause serious damage. The pit release button for this arena is located on the bottom right side of the arena, with the actual pit being a mere 1meter away from it. The arena is indestructible, with the floor being made of 50mm Hardox, with 3mm of polished Stainless Steel over the top of that, making the floor impossible to damage and VERY SLIPPERY! The walls are also made of 50mm Hardox, and are 45cm high, giving everyone the ability to flip someone OOTA! The arena (from a birds-eye view) is 5metres down and 7metres wide.

The Entry-Rules

€ I need 12 people to enter 8 robots (You can make a team with another vapourboteer if you wish)
    € You must have a MAXIMUM of 4 real-robots and MINIMUM of 2.
    € Wheeled robots must weigh 100kg
    € Shuffling robots weigh 110kg
    € Walkers weights 135kg
    € When you enter, give me your team€™s name, and a link for your robot stats, so I can find them!

The Seeds

With 16 heats of 6 robots, giving us 96 robots, we have 32 seeds, and 2 seeds per heat:

HERE THEY ARE:

1. Whirligig 4.0
    2. Storm 2
    3. Achilles
    4. Leprosy Infection
    5. Black Panther Queen
    6. Wedge Devolution
    7. Killotine: EVO
    8. Kali
    9. Roo 2
    10. Push-Ish
    11. Orka MK.4
    12. Star 69
    13. Big Nipper
    14. Psyclonised
    15. Shovearound 2
    16. ForcePower Turbo
    17. Die-Ceratops ReInvertus
    18. MORD2
    19. Automatic Schmuck
    20. Wedgie 5
    21. Drilla Killa 7
    22. Merlin
    23. Ramthrax 2
    24. Terrorhurtz
    25. Tenderizer€™s Revenge 2
    26. Hypertension Mk.2
    27. Tengu VII
    28. Son Of Ripper 4
    29. Stratos-Fear
    30. SNDOS
    31. A.K.A. Idiot
    32. Mr Slave 2

So send in your robots, quickly! There are plenty of spaces. Anyone who entered this before it was closed still has the entrants.

(Message edited by paulc on January 05, 200

Id still like Storm 2 and Big Nipper please

And AJ opened up a wonderfull newcomers topic Paul, it might be a great help in your quest to become a better vapourboteer

If anybody wants to make some joint bots, that would be cool.

Damn 3 minute edit limit.

What I was going to say was, screw jointbots for now. Ill just enter some of my own bots.

For the sake of Paul Im going to post SOME stats here. I have two sets of stats to post here and two realies to reserve. I will send in the other 4 later, capiche? My line-up will most likely be:

Avarice
    Seung Mina III
    Wedginator 6.0
    Super Gore Evo
    The Zenith
    Aftershock
    Turbulence (realie, most recent version)
    Tornado Mer (realie, most recent version) (thanks Aaron )

----

1. Avarice

Shape: Box with sloped/rounded front end. There is a scoop at the front, flanked by smaller front skirts. Also, side and rear skirts hinged in the middle will help against wedge/flipper attacks.
    Colour: Dark orange with red axe head.
    Weight: 100kg
    Speed: 8mph
    Drive: 4 S28-150 Magmotors, run at 36v. Very light and still give off pretty good power, especially when there are four of them.
    Power: 8 CP2400R NiCad Battlepacks, 36v, 2 for each of the MagMotors.
    Motivation: It uses Omni-directional drive, exactly like BB middleweight Root Canal; it is 4WD, but instead of tires it uses rollers, with a very thin layer of vulkalon put on them for reassuring but not too reassuring grip on the arena floor. This will allow Avarice to not only go forward, backward, or spin around, but also go diagonally, or strafe from side to side, completely avoiding opposing attackers. Each of the S28s powers a wheel, giving it a good boost of power. Using rollers means it sacrifices speed and traction but thats okay for the huge amount of maneouverability Im gaining.
    Armour: 5mm hardox 600
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at the scoop and skirts, and without them its 6mm.
    Turning Circle: Absolutely positively 100% ZERO turning circle!!!
    Dimensions in CM: 97 x 91 x 29 (main body)
    Weaponry: A giant, full-pressure, pneumatic axe shaped more like a hammer, powered by two 2.5kg CO2 bottle. It moves rack-and-pinion style like Terrorhurtz. The axe head itself is titanium, and diamond-edged. It can damage even stronger armours like titanium and hardox.
    Srimech: Axe.
    Strengths: Maneouverability is crazy, extremely damaging weapon, good acceleration, good armour. Unique design.
    Weaknesses: Limited CO2, cant right itself when axe malfunctions, crappy top speed.

2. Seung Mina III

Seung Mina III

Shape and Colour: See pictures. Sloped sides should thwart ramming attempts and throw opposing bots onto her flipper.
    Weight: 100kg
    Speed: 17mph
    Armour: 3mm hardox main body, and the flipper panel is 8mm Grade 5 titanium.
    Chassis:
    Drive: 2 LEM130s at 36v.
    Power: 6 36v NiCad Battlepacks.
    Motivation: 4 aluminum hubs, with vulkalon tires for grip.
    Ground Clearance: 3mm all around, except at the front, which is 0mm.
    Dimensions in CM (LxWxH): 114 x 80 x 25
    Weaponry: A nice pneumatic nitrogen-powered flipper. The 2 nitrogen tanks are each 3kg and sit on each side on the flipper, giving her about 1400kg of flipping force, and 650kg of tossing power, more than before, giving out about 15-20 flips in one fight. It can run at half-pressure, thus halving the power but conserving the number of flips to 30-35. Whats great about the flipper is that it rests on top of the wedge, and the rams come out of holes in the wedge, so that if the flipper is (unlikely) ripped off, then there is still armour there. The wedge itself, behind the flipper, has a self-coloured plate to help get under other robots if the flipper is upraised. Also, there are several skirted titanium spikes hinged on the edge of the flipper to sneak under other skirts, which could actually spear an opponents tires if rammed straight into one. All in all, this adds up to 3 ways that the front ground clearance is 0mm, making it virtually impossible to get underneath Seung Mina III from the front. there are also some static hardox claws at the top to prevent bots for driving straight over the wedge.
    Srimech: Flipper that should send her into a 540.
    Strengths: Powerful flipper, cant be gotten under from the front at all, fast, powerful, pushy.
    Weaknesses: Cant REALLY damage the opponent, might be flipped from sides.
    Notes: Seung Mina III is further shockproofed to absorb heavy hits from spinners like Mass Disctruction Ultimate and the like.

Pictures
    Avarice - http://img2.putfile.com/main/12/35514463188.jpghttp://img2.putfile.com/main/12/35514463188.jpg
    Seung Mina III - http://img2.putfile.com/main/1/116070127.jpghttp://img2.putfile.com/main/1/116070127.jpg

Tornado Mer (realie) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y23Mfd2Na8I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cHHwkSbZZ4 (showing it can self-right)

I will try and get the stats of the next four bots done soon, Paul. Good to see you have matured a bit.

Ive just remembered I forgot to give you my JD decision system.

The Judging System

Basically, Ive changed my system - has 6 catogories, in which I mark out of 10. I then times that score in each section by how much the section is worth:

Dominance = ? x 6
    Damage = ? x 5
    Aggression = ? x 4
    Stategy = ? x 3
    Control = ? x 2
    Style = ? x 1

And here are the people who entered.

1- TJS
    a. Tornado
    b. Gravity
    c. Wheely Big Cheese
    d. Terrorhurtz
    e. Killer
    f. Counter
    g. D-J
    h. ???
    2- Chris Mason
    a. Orka MK4
    b. Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus
    c. Cyclone Force 2.5
    d. Leprosy Infection
    e. Mega Masher 2
    f. Disc-O-Inferno
    g. Iron Awe 2.1
    h. Obliteration
    3- Martijn Benschop
    a. Storm 2
    b. Big Nipper
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    4- Alex Holt
    a. Black Panther Queen
    b. Achilles
    c. Tengu VII
    d. Bodyhammer
    e. Recyclops
    f. Kali
    g. Dante
    h. Ramthrax 2
    5- Kody Kunz
    a. Avarice
    b. Wedginator 6.0
    c. Seung Mina III
    d. Super Gore Evo
    e. The Zenith
    f. Aftershock
    g. Turbulence
    h. Tornado Mer
    6- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    7- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    8- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    9- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    10- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    11- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    12- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???

By the way, I need to know which robots Martijn is entering, or do I just need to assume its all 6 of your vapourbots?

I also needs stats from Kody for everything except Avarice and Seung Mina. I also need 1 extra entrant from Timmy (TJS)

And I also need 6 more people to enter.

AJ? Steven? Matty? Alex M?

Ill be entering 5 (not sure which) of my current vapours and 1 new clusterbot, is that okay?

Register To Comment