Register To Comment
Page 1 of 169 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: How Could I Improve...

Lets get down to basics. There has been a few newcomers that have emerged recently, of which they have immediately dived into writing battles and creating vapourbots. However, being newcomers they obviously aren€™t going to get everything perfect straight away. Obviously this is a little frustrating for the majority of us who have been doing this for a good 6 or 7 years now, and in some cases even longer. We€™ve had the practice and we€™ve come to expect the goods from everyone.

This got me thinking how I started out. As I stated in the Vapourbot Awards, I was nowhere near as good as the recent crop of newcomers when I started out, yet now I have been voted into the Vapourboteers Hall of Fame. How did I improve? Those that were more experienced than me, and knew what they were talking about opened up a thread. This thread allowed anyone and everyone, not just newcomers, to post their stats in the thread and receive recommendations. Once I had my vapourbots checked and corrected, I soon went on to win my first ever tournament.

So, now is the time that I have decided to help those less experienced than me, just as those helped me out all those years ago. Not just newcomers, but everyone that is interested - you can post your vapourbot stats or battles here and recommendations will be given. Not just by me, as I think its clear there is a lot of things I do not know. I€™m asking everyone to help everyone out. As much as I hate to say it, these fights over a bit of fun are hilarious but wouldn€™t it be better if we had a real competitive division where anyone could win?

Give me yours thoughts and comments on this. Or even better, give us some stats and battles to analyse!

2. For one thing, how can Disc-O-Inferno get caught between the pit and angle grinders, unable to move? Surely it would have been able to move from that position, right? It would have easily avoided that slow attack. :S

For another, how can Gravity rip their own flipper off? Thats never happened to them before, or to any other robot ever. Flippers rams have exploded, and panels get torn off, but the whole flipper cant get ripped off by its own force. :S

Would you like to clarify this, Timmy?

4. Plus I wrote that at 3:30Am.

Timmy, if you genuinly want to improve you better post your best battles and ask everyones opinion on THOSE rather than fishing something out of your brain at 3:30Am. This doesnt give us a very good impression on your skills and gives us a harder time to help you.

Really, the only advice I can give you right now is put more effort in your battles and dont right them at 3.30AM

6. Ive had a flipperarm come off from my own flip.

8. *sees Tims vapour*

What...the...hell...

LMAO

EDIT: And nice new vapour, Taco-man.

(Message edited by kodster on January 05, 200

Register To Comment