Register To Comment
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New year message from the FRA

what ever number we had this year , id like again , been a good year for us!

I had 111 last year, would prefer something different so I dont have to stand on one leg all year. (Cricket reference)

Cheques in the post Andy

Honest!!!!!

wow another year gone already, just need to wait for the student loan to come in

Happy New Year to everyone.

Andy, thanks for this New Year message. I would like to express my personal opinion about some of the matters contained within.

It is good as always to see a burgeoning list of events as well as competition for host of the FRA UK Championships - is there any more information currently available on how and when this important decision will be made?

On the subject of all participating teams being members of the FRA - I would personally love it if all participants were members of the FRA - however, in my opinion, this should not made a mandatory requirement (albeit with some very minor exceptions) - it should be a case of everyone has joined the FRA because they want to do so, because they believe that the organisation is successfully fulfilling its mandate in the right way (in the eye of each individual).

Sadly I see this as being more akin to the concept of you must join the Robot Wars Club in order to take part in Robot Wars - something which I believed the FRA was dead set against when it was founded!

There are some people and teams who have in the past chosen not to join the FRA for their own le}}gitimate reasons (yet are regular attendees and therefore would appear not to be captured under the exemptions above) - are we now in a position of excluding those people from the community unless they change their opinions? :sad: This would be a deeply disappointing situation

I would like to invite comment from others on this matter, though particularly would appreciate the thoughts of members of the FRA Governing Body and the Event Organisers themselves who are responsible for this decision.
    000000>
    Regards

Tim

Register To Comment