Register To Comment
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: New year message from the FRA

Leo/Ewan; i believe they were only removed so they could be shown between the FRA reps to varify they should be allowed on the forum.

Re Jonno: Happy new year lol

Roboteer

You are quite right to say that Leo. Posts will always be moved if they should not be where they are posted. Unfortunately it is not always possible to dedicate time to moderate the board and where it is not possible to fully resolve the situation immediately the posts will be hidden until further discussions can take place with the parties involved. Part of the resolution to the situation was obviously to move posts to a more suitable location. Secondly we now have an area where event organisers can announce their events without being sidetracked by seperate discussions, while still maintaining an area where ongoing discussion can continue unhindered.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

happy new year partner

hope you enjoy the sleepless nights with the new baby

remember about doin that thing for me b4 april

Now it seems we are off again on another pointless tangent that has already been discussed to death!

Might as well get into the discussion about the active robot LEDs again then. That one lasted a while

Karoline, if you read my post better you would see what i said was that the need for moderation is a no-brainer.

And if it was done to death I would not have brought it up.

To Tim - i do understand your position and i did answer your question to the eos above.

We supported this because we feel that the work of these voulenteers (including ourselves) should be supported especially when both us as event organisers and all of us as roboteers simply rely on the work that has been done and taken for granted

The problem is as has been said. this is how it should be.

-question
    -discusion
    -answer

some of the time we get

-question
    -discusion
    -blured answer that doesnt fully answer the question

This causes problems especially on controversial questions where somebody simply would like an answer but doesnt get it and so it all gets stired up and question marks are still left.

If a thread had been done to death then the question would not have been raised. we simply need to answer clearly to the best of our knowledge and it wont come up again.

To Geoff. im an EO, cant run for your position seriously though It is a shame you feel the way you do. Of course i appreciate your work and the work of all the FRA reps (the eos have also put alot of work in to help the FRA aswell). However the way you protray yourself on this forum hasnt done your work any justice. proof of this is in peoples reactions. Dont forget on the forum is the only time people hear of you out side events. Keep up with the good work and i certainly hope you both reconsider your decisions.

Register To Comment