Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Nipper

Paul the limit is 100kg anything over that is overweight simple including with Co2

Mark it was 05, you attacked Tanto side on when i parked it the only moving going on was posistioning to be turned off, you got Tanto end on end and bent the front and back plates in, damaging 2 nicad packs the roboteq, and also bent the 5mm plates to the point where we had to remake the aluminium bulkheads over the winter.

Never been in the arena with you since then thats why

luckily the breaks in the nicad packs were across the terminals no cells were penitrated and didnt short, the roboteq was jus flattened out abit but the panels were bent beyond repair we hammered them flat but they jus snapped, so they need to be replaced
    Damage in a fight is to be expected but once stu hits the cease button you dont attack anymore, id spent the fight pushing Beast and TAN around then Big Nipper did that,
    Was not impressed at all thought better of big nipper

james i remember that and you are right i didnt hear cease be called. i didnt hear anything as i think most roboteers will agree there is a zone to which you enter and the world around you becomes a complete blank especially in full combat competition. i remember another fight where ripper was about to flip envy oota but i said to him please dont as it would damage the ram because it was broken at the time. so i forfeit the match. jonno then tried to do his party piece and flip over the pit but landed in it. after the fight i was protesting that jonno was in the pit before i was immobile for 30 seconds. completly forgot i forfeit the match. still jonno reminded me all too soon. big nipper is my favourite robot on the circuit and beat envy well at the champs

Having fights with the Nipper team in nearly all weightclasses I will say they are very good sports and would never deliberatly damage robots after a cease is called. I am 100% sure it was an accident.

You got a point there Adrian.

Big Nipper is probably the best in the country; it€™s made 3 out of 4 Robots Live! finals this year and is currently ranked as our number 1 seed. I remember seeing Nipper for the first time at one of our events several years ago, I think it was the fist time it had ever been out, and no-one believed it would work or be affective, how wrong we all were!

Ive lost count how many times theyve beat us but I always enjoy fighting them. They are one of the most sporting teams on the circuit, they actually gave us the ram that€™s in Merlin, also Alphas Ti and loads of other stuff, not too mention the advice.

Although I will point out, the reason Nipper is in bits in the photo on the first post, was due to Merlin Unfortunately they got their own back by popping our tyre in the following demo :sad:

They have never beaten Turbulence, only fought them 2 or 3 times though, and never since they restarted having two controllers. Nothing against Graeme, because I know how difficult it is driving and operating two weapon channels at the same time.

Register To Comment