Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.4 gig interferance ???

Hi people, a poser for you radio experts.
    During the featherweight heat (16 machines in the arena !!!) at Nottingham last weekend Skink behaved rather oddly and in a manner it has never done before, namely doing very little of what I was telling it to do and a lot that I wasnt!
    It flipped randomly, moved when my fingers were off the sticks and even went in the opposite direction to which I was steering!
    I checked with Stu regarding RRs stuff and looked at all the frquencies being used at TX control and found nothing even close to Skinks 40.935 in fact only a few robots were not using Spectrums.
    Skinks bad behavior was almost completely gone in the final when there were only 6 bots competing.
    Is it possible (despite the fact that 2.4ghz is miles away from 40mhz) that a large number of different 2.4 ghz signals could interfere with a 40mhz receiver? By the way Skink does not have a dual conversion receiver.
    Any ideas or suggestions (apart from the obvious get a Spectrum) would be greatly appreciated, Mike.

3. 2.4ghz is miles away from 40 mhz so dont think that would effect it, however like woody said if those who do use 2.4ghz may not bother supressing motor etc so that might do somthing however i would have thought that you would have to be right next to it for it to make any effect?

Roboteer

As above, most likely cause is electrical noise from motors, etc. With that number of bots in the arena, the noise output is going to be very high! Spektrum uses would of course be unaffected.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

6. mike looks like you should be on a spectrum now

8. Thanks for your ideas guys (and gals) I checked Skink today - all connections good, I then drove it around my workbench (15 feet by 20 feet!) in my workshop which is steel framed and clad entirely with steel sheet (not too warm in there at the moment!) while I was standing outside the closed doors (2 x 2m x 3m x 3mm steel). Skink seemed quite happy so I guess it has to be some kind of interferance.
    Would a dual conversion receiver see through any motor noise?
    Im skint at the moment so a Spectrum is not an option at present!

dual conversion vs spektrum is not much of a price difference, specially if you still need to buy new crystals.

Register To Comment