Register To Comment
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Team Zlayerz RPG: Identity Theft!

I'll go with what the others say, and try not to mention the war :P

continuing...

So...have you decided? asked Kody.

We have, said Andy. Or at least, I have. That German-sounding one. Ostrichburg, was it?

Osthreinsburg, or Ost'hrains'burg if you haven't learned to pronounce it correctly, growled Kody, as Martijn and Joey laughed.

Think we'll go for that one too, they said.

And me, Liam shrugged.

We'll go with the general favour then, said Taki, Mechavore, and Tsunami all at once.

Well that's a majority... muttered Chris.

Right then, said Kody, Osthreinsburg it is! Now, before you go, I have something that may come in handy for you.

Oh? And what may that be? inquired Martijn.

Kody pulled an item from one of his trenchcoat pockets and handed it to Martijn. This, said Kody, is a tracking device. The titanium gears are not purely titanium; they hold promethium within their cores. This little gadget here will detect the promethium within them. It can track them within a score of kilometres.

That sounds all right, said Martijn. One question though...we already have two gears with us, won't the tracking device keep pointing towards us?

Indeed it will, replied Kody, which is why you must leave them here in the court.

But we can't do that! said Joey. There's a villain on the loose, or so Marti says.

Kody's eyebrows raised to a considerable height. What is this tale? he demanded. Be swift!

Okay, said Martijn, and he described his meeting with the monstrous robot in Lutetia, and how it freed Tira, and how it already knew about 'heroes'...

Kody scowled. I think we may have found the culprit behind my refbot's identity theft... he seethed.

You're not kidding, said Martijn. That thing nearly killed me in one hit! Surely it must be behind everything.

I wouldn't go too fast, retorted Alex. There's still a great deal we don't know.

True, Kody sighed. Still, I must keep these here. Do not worry, they will be kept safe. They do belong to me after all. Nonetheless, the group still looked troubled.

There is no more to be said on the matter, at least for this time, said Kody. Well, off you go now! I will uncover more about this in the meantime.

Right, let's head out, everybody! said Steve. Kody, do show us that fletching screen again.

Stage 3: A Tale of Swords and Souls Retold (Osthreinsburg Arena)

What a fog, remarked NSBFR-X.

They were settled by the outskirts of the great castle. A miasmal fog lingered ever through the walls and over the lake that surrounded it.

And how the bloody hell, coughed Nitro-Gene, are we supposed to cross this river?

Flick checked the tracker. Oh yes, I've already picked it up, he said gleefully. It's definitely in the castle, but indeed, how to get to it...

Maybe if we just take that bridge over there, suggested Forza, motioning a little to their right.

The others were about to groan, when they saw the bridge collapse suddenly, falling straight into the deeps with a noisy SPLASH.

Wh-what?! spluttered Forza. How could that happen?

But they were in doubt little longer. A most familiar-looking green-and-purple robot was on the opposite side of the bridge, cackling.

It's her! snarled Nidhogg. What's she doing here?!

Even as he said it, the figure turned and fled over the gangways into the castle.

That wench just destroyed our only way in! cried Die-Ceratops angrily.

No... said PMPY slowly. There have to be other ways in. I'd think the bridge was a bit too small to send troops in heavy force, don't you think?

...you've got a point, said Die-Ceratops mulishly.

I do, said PMPY. Now let's find another way in.

So the group travelled about, taking care not to get stuck on the lofty terrain. At least, they had managed to get around the circumference. There before them was a massive bridge, built of nearly solid wall and stone. Unfortunately, guess who was already there, striking the bridge supports?

Argh! Her again! shouted Nidhogg. After her!

Tira let out a howl and turned tail, but Flick and PMPY were hot on her tail. Already they were over the bridge, when...

RUMBLE...

...that doesn't sound good... inquired Ge5orce.

OVER THE BRIDGE!!! shrieked Mechavore, as the structure began to give way beneath them. Luckily they had made it across before it completely foundered and with a defeaning roar, plunged into the watery abyss below.

Well...that was close, said Nitro-Gene brightly.

No one would know that better than me, grunted Tengu, who was the last across the bridge.

The traitor! said Taki sharply. Flick, who had turned to check if his comrades were okay now whirled around with panic to see where Tira had gone.

She had vanished.

Great, sighed Flick. Now she'll have time to prepare some more devilry against us.

Taki would have smiled, if she could. While Tira is a murderous psychopath, she said bluntly, she is nowhere near adept enough for a plan against us.

So what you're saying is...she's stupid? snorted Die-Ceratops.

Far from it, answered Taki. Her apparent insanity would stop her from concocting too detailed a scheme. I've seen it before.

Okay, said Clawdius. What do you suggest, m'dear?

Instinct tells me that she is not alone here, answered Taki, as they entered a long stone hallway, ancient in years. If there's been someone cooking something up against us, she can't be primarily behind it.

In other words, that thing I encountered in Lutetia is here? yelped Flick.

It is possible, said Taki.

By this time, they had reached a fork in the passageway. All three paths; left, right and ahead, led into almost total darkness.

I don't like the looks of this, grunted PMPY.

Hey, look up there! shouted Nitro-Gene suddenly, making them all jump.

Paul! Keep your voice down! hissed NSBFR-X.

Sorry, but...but look! Nitro-Gene fired its flipping arm, which pointed at the ceiling. All of them looked at it.

Looks like a puzzle, said Ge5orce. I'm no good at those.

Actually, I think it's a hint as to which path we should take, said Flick. Anyone want to figure this out for us?

----

Health
    Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus = 100%
    Push Me Pull You = 100%
    Nitro-Gene 4.0 = 100%
    Flick of the Wrist = 100%
    Clawdius Decimus Murderous = 100%
    NSBFR-X = 100%
    Tengu VII = 100%
    Nidhogg = 100%
    Ge5orce = 100%
    Forza = 100%

Items in Stock
    Super Power Boost
    Stability Control
    Tool Kit
    Rebotulizer
    Gold Bar
    Platinum Bar
    Bracing Plates
    Blades of Glory

Party Members and Health
    Tsunami = 100%
    Taki = 100%
    Mechavore = 100%

Decision
    Which path will you take? And do the mysterious symbols mean anything?

so this is the puzzle

And we have a path ahead, one to our left, one to our right... those are Roman numerals, -I=-1, V=5 and XI=11, it looks like a map of some sort, where -1 stands for the road ahead, 5 stands for the road to the left and 11 for the road to the right.

From this point onwards, as far as I can oversee it, the numbers can mean anything. The minus one can mean that if we chose the path forward, we may lose a team member... -1 is a negative, and negative is... negative, so we may even wish to cross out that one early... 11 and 5... maybe the number indicates how many robots can fit on the route, maybe it is how many opponents we will meet, who can tell?

Anyone?:P

5. Sigh, I hoped I would never have to do this.

Due to huge amounts of inactivity (and many core members being gone from the forum completely), and virtually no interest whatsoever, this is finally getting cancelled. :P

I'm only posting this because:

1) I'm just making it official right now.
    2) Last post was a year ago today, lol :P

It was fun while it lasted, but alas! such is life.

The only way I'm going back on this is if Frank, Alex Holt, and Matty all suddenly return and show an interest in this. Which is about as likely as Dubai having a freak blizzard in the middle of July. :P

Sorry everybody.

Register To Comment