Register To Comment
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Zlayerz RPG: Identity Theft!

WHAT?! you cry in astonishment.

Oh yes, my friends, now that ATTTWI is almost done, its time to start something new! Im starting a Robot Wars RPG!

The story...

The Watcher, the referee of Team Zlayerz, was, as usual, keeping watch over a fight between two opposing robots. The battle was intense, and when one of the robots hit the ref, a shadow passed over the ref. Suddenly he crashed into both robots and started to attack mercilessly. It was out of control. It could no longer remember what it was, or who made it. All it knew was that it must destroy. Destroy everything. His creator sensed an extremely powerful, malicious presense at that moment, but when he turned to confront him, he was gone. And so was control of The Watcher. It had formed a horrible mind of its own. The man formed a barrier around the referee to prevent him from hurting others, or himself. He was quite certain that the loss of The Watchers control had some thing to do with that weight of malice he felt. With The Watchers identity stolen, the robotic world was in grave peril from an evil being. Many more robots could be in danger, so he had to act fast. But he could not take on this power; it was out of his hands: he needed help. Stationing his loyal house robots in six different portals, he sent out letters to several brave roboteers, and waited...

The Rules

1. Vapourbots

I need FIVE people to enter a vapourbot (I might push it to six if theres enough interest), and the vapourbot must be approved by the usual rules. The usual stats are fine. I would really appreciate people EXPERIENCED with making stats, though (sorry Paul). Also I would like people who would be committed to this RPG, not people who would enter and then back off after a week or so because it doesnt interest them anymore.

You must state what your robots specialty is, as well.

2. Damage

Over the course of the RPG your robots will get damaged. You can repair them at the workshop in the main room, but this will cost 500 points. You can also use items to repair your robots. Your robot may be immobilized during a fight, and if that happens, that bot is considered dead after the battle. You can only revive dead bots using an item.

3. Standard items

There are many items you will receive in the RPG. Only one item can be used by one people at a time, athough items can be given or traded between people to suit their bots needs. These items can also be bought at stores you will find in all the stages. The effects of most of the items are temporary unless otherwise stated.

Here is the list of useable items:

-Tool Kit (repairs your bots damage completely)
    -Rebotulizer (revives a dead vapourbot; cannot be used on party members)
    -Sneaky Skirt (can be used on wedge bots to get under any ground clearance or other skirts, regardless of own ground clearance)
    -Fast Flywheel (decreases spin-up time for flywheel weapon)
    -Dizzy Disc (gives discs a dizzying property which allows them to hit opponents with a force so great the opponent is stunned for about 5 seconds)
    -Power Boost (boosts the potential of any weapon by 2 times)
    -Super Power Boost (boosts the potential of any weapon by 3 times)
    -Drive Boost (drive speed, torque, and acceleration double in value)
    -Gold Bar (can be traded in at any store in the RPG for 1000 points)
    -Platinum Bar (can be traded in at any store in the RPG for 5000 points)
    -Bracing Plates (take no damage at all for 10 seconds)
    -Blades of Glory (any tooth, blade, or spike of any kind attached to the robot will damage the opposition regardless of armour value for 15 seconds)
    -T-Minus Stamp (increases flipper power for a flipperbot by 5 times)
    -Razers Edge (allows vertical crushing claws to lift opponents (up to 250kg) into the air. Lasts the entire battle unless the vapourbot or robot using it is destroyed)
    -Stability Control (increases the stability of your vapourbot by 2 times, and for full-body spinning vapourbots by 4 times)

The special items will be explained through the game.

4. Side quests

You may complete quests throughout the game to earn points for items; whether or no you want to embark on them is up to you.

5. Status

At the end of very post I make in this thread (except not when not doing a story post) I will display each vapourbots status.

6. Party members

You will encounter real robots like Hypno-Disc and Overkill along the way, and some will join your party. They may be of great use to you, but be warned - if one gets destroyed, then that robot is out completely, and you cant call them back. EVER. All of them can be out at once, so thats a good thing.

More shall be explained as I start.

Now get entering, people!

3. Im there too!!!

Both saved.

As much as Id like to be the one doing the conquering, the Watcher has my support. :wink:

NAME- Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    SHAPE- wedge with small box section and high rear wedge
    COLOUR- deep green with shield emblazoned on the wedge
    WEIGHT- about 100kg
    DIMENSIONS- 95cm X 73cm X 70cm (including claw - 35cm without)
    SPEED- 13mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0m
    GROUND CLEARANCE- virtually 0mm at the front, 0mm at sides and rear thanks to skirts (arranged in a Biohazard fashion, corner-to-corner), 10mm without
    ARMOUR- 5mm Hardox
    WHEELS- inside robot, 4-wheel drive
    POWER- 2 X S28-300 MagMotors (thanks to Scott here)
    WEAPONS- The main weapon is the Razer-style crushing claw, operating at 3000psi (5000 if permitted in certain tournaments), with a nice little diamond-coated tip. Also at the front is a Firestorm-style blade and 2 small €œspears€ to aid in getting under the opposition. Combined with the crusher and the reasonably powerful 4WD, CDM can become an effective pusher/clamper
    SRIMECH- Like before, CDM uses a rear-hinged pneumatic arm on either side to self-right. The high-wedged rear also prevents the robot getting perched there
    NOTES- flies the Scotland flag, concept of name came from €œGladiator€ (€œMy name is Maximus Decimus Meridius - father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife...but that€™s when I phoned Claims Direct!€)
    STRENGTHS- Quite nippy, good traction, powerful weapon, difficult to get underneath, fast srimech
    WEAKNESSES- so-so manoeuvrability, slow weapon

Pics in the profile as ever.

Clawdius specialty will be superior precision and control.

7. Mmm...this looks quite good. 4 in already, and 2 with their stats. Thanks a load, guys.

9. Done. Ive decided to open up another spot because of increasing interest.

By the way, clusterbots are not allowed. Tracked and treaded bots, as well as walkers, are fine though.

Register To Comment