Register To Comment
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Zlayerz RPG: Identity Theft!

I'll decide that. And I don't need suggestions, thank you kindly.

3. If you continue to be annoying like this, I'm not going to consider you for ANYTHING. Have some god damn freakin' PATIENCE, or else I will lose my own, double quick.

And here's a suggestion from me: stop bloody posting everytime someone else posts. Almost every second post I've seen recently on Fanfic happens to be your own. You don't have to reply in every bloody topic, you know. Things progress slowly this time of year. I can't believe how many times you need to be told this.

Now please allow me to continue this. At my own pace, that is. Thank you. :P

Pace? Pfft, pace is overrated. I'm going to make a major summary update here, just so everybody knows what's gone on and what's happening at the moment...

SUMMARY OF EVENTS SO FAR...

The heroes (Martijn, Matty, Steve, Frank, Alex, and Chris) meet Kody, Kody fills them in what's happened (The Watcher (ref) gone haywire due to someone nicking his entire identity) and requests that they find six objects known as titanium gears. They accept. Kody fuses the heroes with their selected machines:

Martijn = Flick of the Wrist
    Matty = Push Me Pull You
    Steve = Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    Frank = Never-Seen-Before-Fic-Robot-X
    Alex = Tengu VII
    Chris = Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus

...and sends them to Ohmi Bot-fu Kingdom first; they are immediately attacked by a horde but easily dispatch them. Turning away from Ohmi at first, they meet up with a renegade ninja, Taki, who is actually in league with Kody, and an ally, Tsunami. Tsunami joins after being rescued from a sentry sent by the evil emperor. Taki joins the party after Frank defeats her in a one-on-one duel, proclaiming he has 'honor'. Afterwards, they travel to the city, and ultimately bring down the corrupted Fu-Ma empire ruled by emperor Geki, who had a titanium gear in his possession, making him all powerful. Laying the smackdown on Geki, and acquiring the first titanium gear, they head back to meet Kody, who smiles and then sends them off to The Gaul Pit next, Taki and Tsunami included. Landing in the middle of Lutetia, they encounter Joey and Paul (who are Nidhogg and Nitro-Gene 4.0, respectively), who are in pursuit of a traitor, Tira. They catch her but ultimately she is driven out of their clutches by a assault from an Roman-ic empire of robots, Marcus Ignutus being their head officer. Half of the entire group (Joey, Steve, Alex, and Frank, plus Tsunami) and brought to the cellar prisons while the rest escape, and try to pursue Tira and fail, but get the attention of gaulish robots, Asterix and Obelix. After buying some items from a merchant, they are willingly taken to their own Gaulish village and try to garner info from the chief, Vitalstatistix. Meanwhile, the imprisoned group manage to break free after repairing a weakened prisoner in their same cell, Mechavore. They break into the open and meet Marcus Ignutus and his battalion again, only Marcus' battalion is much smaller and they are able to crush him. They escape and meet Tira again, who startlingly lays a beating on them until being subdued. They stumble into Lutetia, and find some health-restoring items that heal their wounds against Marcus' battalion, and Tira. Then they interrogate Tira, with little success until Alex gets really...psychotic, himself, and Tira breaks down. They are a bit perturbed to hear there's a Master ordering her around. Just as they are deciding what to do with her, Martijn and the others enter the village and the entire team is reformed, with a Gaulish army at their service. The last thing that happens is Mechavore guarding Tira and Joey thinking aloud to raise the villagers to attack the Romans, but now he's not sure if they sure just attack and leave the villagers alone, or get their help...

So there you have it. You've been brought up to speed, and Joey already has tactics in. The choice before you is: attack the Roman empire straight away by yourselves, or call on the villagers of Lutetia to help. Which will it be?

6. ermz... ermz... ermz... Im pondering here, some help of the villagers is not bad, its good even, BUT, isnt it a bit of a waste to dedicate our entire team of 8, plus all the forces we already have on our side, to that task? How about we dedicate 2 of us to the task of rallying the villagers, I firmly believe between the 6 of us we have left, and Tsunami, and Taki, and the Gaulish army, we have enough power to put up a good fight, although maybe a defensive one. If at some point our 2 remaining team members and the forces they rallied come to aid us, we can go on the offense and turn the tide in our favour. The reason Id like 2 of our party for this job is so that, when the villagers are unwilling to help, 1 can report this to us and the other can continue convincing them.

And erm... if this village really is a random little village, I doubt every inhabitant robot will be able to fight porperly. Asking for everyone to fight along us, including maybe the elderly and the infants, may not gather much goodwill, and we dont really need them either.

Right, waitin' for Steve and Alex to post tactics since I bugged them on MSN.

I say we see if we can rile up the villagers into a revolution and storm to war. If not, we can ask to find someone who will help us.

Given Clawdius' Roman background, though, I'm not entirely sure that I'd be the best one to talk to the villagers.

well Im willing to give talking to the villagers a go if you need me to do that, perhaps take Tsunami with me to help me out while the rest attack the Romans, that is, if you guys like my tactic :O

Meh, Alex had his time. :P And Marti and Steve put forth some good suggestions, soooo...THIS SHALL BE IN THE PROCESS OF...

continuing!!!

Well? What do you think? said Nidhogg impatiently.

I daresay your threat is breaking the barrier that is foolishness, said Flick, but there'll be no need for that, as I agree with the idea.

Nitro-Gene looked positively delighted when Clawdius added, As do I.

However, said Flick, we shouldn't leave this to everyone, so Joey, you can go and lead the attack, if you wish.

You mean, you're still going to...? asked Taki.

Let the attack go ahead? Of course! said Flick. But we'll dedicate 2 of us to the task of rallying villagers who are fit to come to our aid, lest it fall ill in Rome. For this I shall stay behind. Who else will?

The group was silent, and made no answer for a long time. At long last there came a grunt from Tsunami. Me.

And there are no objections?

Again, there was no answer.

Very well, off with you! barked Flick. We'll get this lot herded up for you within a few hours, even less.

Heh, looks like I can have my cake and eat it too, chuckled NSBFR-X.

Well to be honest I was all for attacking straight-away, myself, simpered Nidhogg. But I personally thought that was a good idea.

I do feel important now, beamed Nitro-Gene.

Hope you know what you're doing... muttered Taki.

Course we do, retorted Tengu. We're off to give the empire a right good kick up the -

All right, let's goooooo!!! shouted Die-Ceratops, drowning out Tengu; the army roared away along the path back to Rome, leaving Flick, Tsunami, and Mechavore behind.

You sure you can keep whats-her-face in there? questioned Flick.

Puh-lease, I eat spare parts for breakfast, yawned Mechavore.

If that pleases you... Tsunami then turned to Flick. So, what's the plan?

Plan? What plan? Just get this lot gathered up, we need to speak with them, answered Flick.

----

Army

The force set off down the path from Lutetia to Rome in high spirits. The joy of battle was upon the Gauls, and they obssessed over the thought of paying back the cruelty Caesar and the Romans had shown to them. Alone of the Gauls, Asterix and Obelix were silent; Obelix possibly because he was thinking about roast boar (How...? said Nidhogg.), but Asterix was very quiet, most unlike himself. NSBFR-X seemed to notice.

Why so serious? inquired NSBFR-X, earning a groan from Tengu for the glaringly obvious reference.

Well... Asterix's mustache ornament twitched. Normally I would be as raucous as my fellows here, but still, it is after all Caesar himself, even our ancestor Vercingetorix could not defy him. He is merciless, that pompous dictator.

He doesn't know about us, however, piped up Nitro-Gene. We're heroes, we can take whatever he can dish at us, expected or no.

U-uh...Paul... stuttered PMPY. You just had to say that...

What do you mean 'I had to s-'... Nitro-Gene stopped talking. He seemed to have been lost for words.

Soldiers were coming up the path. Too many to avoid, and unassailable by appearance. Whether they had been ordered to stomp Lutetia into the ground it stood upon, or to retrieve the prisoners, they were grim to look upon, and showed no signs of emotion (though that may have been due to the fact that you can't read a robot's 'expression'). The Gauls started muttering to each other as the Roman infantry kept approaching. Then behind them, with a shock, the heroes could see mechanisms. Trebuchets. Giant, wooden-crafted, steel-panelled, and filled with boulders and large pieces of shrapnel. They were being hauled along by large knight-like robots with claws and lances. The muttering of the Gauls turned into gasps as the Gauls themselves beheld these destructive projectile hurlers. At last the army of Romans stopped. They had not surrounded their enemies, yet the commanders were very near Nidhogg and Tengu, who were in front. Nidhogg stood his ground.

By order of Gaius Julius Caesar, shouted one of the sentries. The Gaulish rebellion is hereby ordered to disband, return to their own village, and never set forth again unless Caesar wills it to be. Furthermore, the Gauls will take oaths never to assail Caesar the great again, in arms, open or secret. The Gaulish village itself shall be triutary to Caesar, and the remaining inhabitants shall bear no arms, but have leave to govern their own affairs. But for the loss of several of his soldiers, Caesar demands retribution; thus the Gauls shalt pay what is due.

This ominous pronouncement held sway over the allied army for some time. The silence seemed to hold them in its claw...then it was broken. Asterix was draining something from a vial. It looked like a potion. It was the *glug glug glug* that attracted stares. Asterix finished it down, let out a satisfied ahhhh..., then set forth until he was in front of one of the commanders, who snarled down at him, but Asterix did not flinch.

By Toutatis! This Caesar has dictated our poor village long enough! We demand freedom! And we shall make it so! With that reply, Asterix slammed into the commander, and by some sort of brute force, or just plain luck, the commander was sent flying back into the middle ranks of his army, landing on a few of them was an almighty CRASH, which was taken by the infantry as a great insult. They roared and charged.

Come, my friends, and my brothers! said Vitalstatistix. Let us drink to our battle!

With that, he tossed vials to the heroes. What's this? asked Nitro-Gene.

The secret of our strength, answered the chief. I only use it in extreme circumstances; it is a magic potion made by our druid, Getafix. It will help you temporarily. Drink, drink it up while you can! He drained his own vial and rallied his troops as they did the same. The heroes looked at each other.

Bottoms up, they said to each other, and drained their vials. For a second they felt nothing...then...

Slowly, but surely, it came. It was a warm feeling...it stole through every inch of them, bestowing upon them a power they did not recognize. But somehow they knew it had strengthed them to beyond belief. They felt exhilerated.

Oh yeah...let's give 'em hell, guys! roared Nidhogg, making a sudden burst towards the army of Romans. CHAAAAAARGE!!!

----

SUB-BOSS ENCOUNTER!!!

Roman Centurion x 10
    Shape: Centurion from S3
    Weight: 500kg
    Colour: Centurion from S3
    Speed: 15mph
    Armour: 5mm Hardox
    Weaponry: Pneumatic lifting forks and a rear axe.
    Srimech: Axe
    Weak points: High ground clearance.

Roman Soldier x 1000
    Shape: Iron Awe 2½
    Weight: 125kg
    Colour: Iron Awe 2½
    Speed: 12mph
    Armour: 3.2mm Hardox
    Weaponry: Front rear-hinged flipper, and axe; the shaft is shaped like a sword and the axe head resembles that of a pickaxe.
    Srimech: Axe
    Weak points: Unprotected sides.

--------
    --------

Army Health
    Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus = 300%
    Push Me Pull You = 300%
    Nitro-Gene 4.0 = 300%
    Clawdius Decimus Murderous = 300%
    NSFBR-X = 300%
    Tengu VII = 300%
    Nidhogg = 300%

Taki = 300%
    Asterix = 300%
    Obelix = 300%
    Vitalstatistix = 300%
    Gaulish Warrior x100 = 300%

Items In Stock
    Power Boost (x4)
    Super Power Boost
    Drive Boost (x2)
    Stability Control
    Tool Kit
    Rebotulizer
    Gold Bar
    Platinum Bar
    Bracing Plates
    Blades of Glory

So! You are in what seems like a hopeless battle...or is it hopeless? The Gaul chief has bestowed upon you all a special power through the magic potion made by the Gaulish druid. Fight to victory!

----

Flick of the Wrist, Tsunami, and Mechavore

Well...hi, stammered Flick. Uh...I guess you're wondering why I called you all here...

You're ruddy wel' right! barked a grubby-looking merchant, not the one from before. What th'bloody 'ell you call us 'ere for?

Well, you see...er... Flick stammered. We need - no, we beg you many of you to come fight...the Romans, with us...

There was an outbreak of laughter. Martijn turned red with frustration, though he was glad no one could see behind Flick's exterior armour. The plan clearly wasn't going as well as he had hoped.

Right! howled an innkeeper. How about that? 'Right on, lads, let's just barge straight in and ask for our cup of sugar!' You should be the next village fool, soon!

SHUT IT! roared a voice. The villagers went deathly quiet. Flick turned to see who had made the outburst, and saw Mechavore there. Her disc was spinning and it was a sign that she was very angry indeed.

Hey, aren't you supposed to be guarding that Tira? demanded Flick.

Tsunami has agreed to switch places for the time being, replied Mechavore irritably. And these...fellows aren't making me a happy lady at the moment.

Well what th'ell d'you 'spect us t'do? roared the grubby merchant. 'Ere thousands 'pon thousands times stronger than us! Yer mad!

Well look at it this way, said Flick. You can either die being prisoners, or die on the battlefield. How's that?

It's your fault we're going to be prisoners, grunted a metallurgist. The Romans will mop up your small force and then punish us! We'll die horribly, either way. Is that fair to you?

That's kinda what I just said, sighed Flick. But Mechavore had had enough.

Listen! she growled. You can either fight for your freedom, and die free if it comes to that, or you can die in servitude and live long years of torment before you die. Believe me, I've lived in torment. What say you to that?!

I would sooner slay myself, snorted the innkeeper. And you lived in captivity? By God's hand, I'd believe fire can turn to ice before I believed you were incarcerated.

Mechavore snarled, and would have gave the innkeeper a hefty blow to the flank, had Flick not stopped her. We're not the enemy, remember? hissed Flick. Don't take things so personally.

If you do not wish to fight for us, and regain freedom, then that is your own decision. However, added Flick. Victory or defeat may be decided by a choice few. Those few could potentially be you. If you do not aid us, surely defeat will be upon us, and yourselves later on. Remember that. He turned away, to much muttering from the crowd behind.

All right Mechie...or may I call you that?

You may not, Mechavore seethed.

Fine, fine, keep your skirts on. You sure Tsunami can -

I am well, called a voice to their left; Tsunami seemed to be almost grinning. Whatever has gone on?

Well the plan of Paul's failed, grumbled Flick. But I guess we're heroes, and we're destined to do this sorta thing.

Whatever trace of a grin there was, it faded from Tsunami instantly. What can we do without others keeping faith in us? he asked despairingly.

We do what we do, answered Flick. And that is to go aid the others. We must go.

Right, said Mechavore. But I want to pay them back -

Excuse me, growled Tsunami. But who will look out for this little fool? He gave the shack holding Tira a nudge.

You will, Mechavore snapped. I want revenge and I won't be denied.

I want to help as well! shouted Tsunami. And if you'll remember, I got locked in there as well.

Not as long as I was, growled the blimpbot.

Guys, guys, what's going on? cried Flick. I thought we were supposed to helping the others, not fighting amongst ourselves!

We need to figure out who'll guard that idiot in here, that's what, replied Tsunami. And she refuses to, he added angrily, turning to face Mechavore, who looked murderous.

Whoa whoa whoa, that's it? said Flick. Well we need to think of something, then, we can't go off without making sure she's guarded. After all, the walls of a prison are useless without someone to guard them.

True, that, sighed Tsunami. Well, we'll let you decide.

Wait, m-me? stammered Flick.

Well, I want Mechavore to guard Tira, but she wants me to guard Tira, so your vote is a tie-breaker, replied Tsunami. Unless you can think of something else.

Hrmz... Flick turned away; inside, Martijn began to think...

----

Health
    Flick of the Wrist = 100%

Items in Stock
    None

Party Members and Health
    Tsunami = 100%
    Mechavore = 82%

This is for Martijn alone to decide. What'll it be, Marti? Cast a vote (to who?) for someone to guard Tira, or try to think of something else?

Register To Comment