Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Wotty on sale soon.

Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 8:27 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi guys (and gals) Ian Watts has sent me an e-mail with the latest info in Wotty developement, it reads as follows:

The Wotty 360 is now under development.
    Specs for the Wotty 360 are:-
    Voltage 32 Volts.
    Current 160 Amps per channel continuous.
    400 Amps per channel for one second.
    1600 Amps per channel for 1uS.
    Upgrade from the Wotty 180 to the Wotty 360 is available. ( Sorry there will be a charge of £40 for this to cover the cost of extra components.)

I will post further info as I get it, Mike.

Sweet, any differance in control? I pressume hes just beefed up one or two components to allow the higher current flow? if thats the case we mayaswell go for an upgrade for what its worth.

Physical dimentions of the wotty case changed?

has hes sorted out the problems of getting the software to be compatible with the spektrum 2.4 sets yet? We found a few problems getting it all to work on the latest upgrade, i pressume hes sorted it out for the latest version.

Nice work Ian

I will put your questions to him, Mike.

More info from Ian.

Case size - no change.
    Spektrun compatability.
    Spektrum do some odd things with their pulses and setup.
    To get a Spektrum to have the range of a Futaba or Hitec you have to set the stick ranges to 105%. I haven€™t changed this as it would reduce fidelity for Futaba and Hitec users.
    The other main problem with spectrum kit is that there is a 30us gap between pulses (No gap on traditional Hitec and Futaba) I have fixed this by increasing the sample rate from 1MHz to 5 MHz
    I have consequentially managed to increase the fidelity of the output map, it is now over 1000x1000 different speeds, and this gives even greater precision in control.
    I haven€™t finished this all yet, I€™ll let you know as soon as it€™s ready.
    Cheers,Ian

the specs on the wotty sound pretty good. i am worried about the roboteq handling the mags with the gear ratio and if it was to pop i was planning on getting an ampflow but might opt for the wotty with mr moulds reccomendation

can i ask how much the upgraded wotty is please?

As Ian states, to upgrade a Wotty 180 would cost £40, the price of a new Wotty 360 has not yet been announced.
    I will keep you posted, Mike.

The new Wotty 360 will cost £360!
    They should be available in the new year, Mike.

I know have a Wotty (180 i guess) in my posession, is there some kind of manual/wireing scheme in case i need to remove it for any reason?

Register To Comment