Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandnew sidewinder

2. Giva ya £20!

4. You hear right, it is a very good controller, I personally run 3 heavyweights and 2 featherweights with them. I have never had a failure of any kind on my machines, and one of them is in Wheely Big Cheese in place of its pair of 4Qd pro300s, so they are run very hard.

Aftersales is excellent in my own opinion, both in the USA and in the UK, as demostrated during the product recall last year when all replacement costs were met by Robot Power, and all postage costs met by myself.

Reliability proved to be better than many of its rivals, as the UK championships proved, with many robots replacing their other makes of speed controllers, with the sidewinder when the blew up. All sidewinders continued to work reliably for the rest of the event and into the next one immidiatly after, and to my knowledge are still working fine. Any unusual failures not of the roboteers doing have been replaced under warrenty as soon as possible, with no cost to the customer. Robot Power have an excellent reputation in America, see their delphi forum RLF thread to see how popular and well loved they are.

It has been taking a while to get things repaired, as anyone on the Delphiforum will know, and as sending anything to America and back will do anyway, but most recently a postal error delayed things unexpectedly (see comercial ads section for more info). However, it is still comparable or quicker than many other controllers, just ask certain roboteers about their vantec, roboteq or IBC repair times. Obviously it will never be as quick as UK based controllers, but then its whatever people choose as a priority.

Are you planning to buy a sidewinder Adrian? If so, WJs will be back fairly soon, and is well worth £230 as its as close to new as you can get in a second hand unit.

If anyone does have any concerns or questions about any Robot Power product, you are always welcome to contact myself or Robot Power direct via e-mail.

5. I absolutely love the Sidewinder ESC. Since the swap I have never had any problems with speed controllers in any of my heavies or feathers that ran them.

Ive lend my spare Sidewinders to several teams and they were able to run their event without problem.

Register To Comment