Register To Comment

Thread: American Dad

This show was a bit of a disappointment. It just doesnt have the same...effect as Family Guy did, so I didnt feel compelled to watch it much after the first few times.

Does anybody watch this? If so, give your opinions, as I did.

I think I actually prefer American Dad to current Family Guy. The stories seem to be structured a bit better, so it has more of the sitcom feel and I enjoy the political satire on the War on Terror.

Plus, American Dad tends not to stretch out a single joke for nearly five minutes. :wink:

To me, its kind of like The Simpsons and Family Guy squashed together to create a show. A rather dull one, to be exact.

Sorry, I should have been more specific:

It takes the sitcom aspects of The Simpsons, and the ridiculousness of Family Guy (but none funny) and blends them together into a total mess.

davids
    In terms of the main 4 American animated shows, American Dad is 4th.

1 - Futuramana (the new movie is excellent)
    2 - Simpsons (Up-to Season 9)
    3 - Family Guy
    4 - American Dad
    5 - Simpsons (Season 10 onwards)

I havent watch enough South Park and King of the Hill to make a judgement.

Well Ive seen all seasons of South park and with the exception of 1 or 2 episodes they are all solid gold.

King of the Hill is ok, but not thighslapping funny.

Eh, most episodes of South Park IMO go over the top, but yeah theyre quite funny as well.

Futurama isnt bad, but sometimes they have bad plots for their episodes.

As for King of the Hill, I dont like it. Doesnt really make me laugh at all.

Family Guy rules all.

Register To Comment