Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Storm 2

a nice machine, great concept but far from the best engineered. I dont mean to put storm down i just personally think that its not an engineering masterpeice. Machines like Beta, BIg Nipper and Warhead... now we are talking! Storm is a nice well armoured machine.

beta now there is an engineered marvel. shame it doesnt run. i have been bugging john to get it running but its just not that simple. warhead again is an awsome machine and looks alive when in battle. i for 1 wouldnt mind envy getting ripped to bits by it. and big nipper has always been one of my favourite robots the day i laid eyes on it. its just so well engineered and gives such pleasure to watch. a very formiddable opponent as i found out in the uk champs. storm 2 we fought in series 7 and it battered us from arena wall to arena wall. it is a very powerful robot. the greatest piece of robot engineering in robot history i have to disagree. i think the title of titanium titan has to go to big nipper. the greatest piece of robot engineering for me has to go to beta. you said what else gives the awsome speed and power, well it is the motors. in all storm 2 is a very good robot but there are much better engineered robots out there.

Storm II is very well engineered. Wether it is the best engineered ever is debatable (imho it is not) but the power in a robot with such small dimensions is an engineering marvel in itself.

The other robots mentioned are awesome, but it does not deminish the thought and work that has gone in Storm II.

all robots are an engineering marvel in their own right. and do not deminish the thought and work that has gone into every robot out there. it will always be a debate to which is THE best engineered

now i have been thinking about it. i must give trevor wright a mention for engineering. there he has 2 robots, mighty mouse and velocaripper. they have been so well engineered they run and run and run. he himself has done most of the electronics if not all, and for the most enduring and consistent robots on the planet he gets my vote every day. now thats engineering

I agree with you there Shane.

Register To Comment