Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drill motors

Hi guys. Im starting a featherweight project and have a couple of questions.
    Im finding it hard removing the chuck from a drill motor shaft, any tips on this?
    Also looking to buy some drill motors with mounts, so if anyone sells, or is selling some, give us a post.
    Cheers. Dave (yes, I know, another Dave who builds robots)

3. We do!

We have drill motors, mounts and wheels to fit. send me an email if you like james@robochallenge.co.uk

Yes some times the chuck does get stuck on which is a pain. if you do clamp it in a vice or something just be carefull where you clamp it as they arent the strongest of componants

Thanks for the responses

6. Lol, yes, this became obvious after much dismantling and re-mantling, thanks Woody.

After the last thread, I deduced that I wanted to use drill motors. After experimenting with woodys calculator, and deciding that I want to use 7mm blue wheels, I hit a problem. My little combat robot would be relying on speed and pushing power. With 750 rpm drill the top speed was 30 mph - and anyway the drill was £49.99 - and I need four! So, somehow I need a way to keep the wheels the same size, but I need a cheap drill (£20 or under) with an rpm of about 1000 per minuite (planning to overvolt it by 50% on Woodys instruction).

Im not just looking to you lot because I cant be bothered to look - I have done it to death on the internet, but I was wondering if there was something I am missing, or a website that you have used before in building.

Thanks,

Alex R

(Message edited by aero_storm on October 11, 200

9. Ok, Have you got a link?
    Or a website URL?
    What are their specs and how many have you got.

Thanks and sorry about the bombardment of questions,

Alex

Register To Comment