Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sidewinder available through Xbotz.com

2. Hi Guys,

Due to numerous issues getting sidewinders repaired overseas, particularly with regard to shipping, James has taken the step of asking if I would become the UK repair centre for Sidewinders. I have accepted this task and thus life should now become much easier for roboteers who require repairs.
    I have received several sidewinders which have been recovered from the states and formed a batch of faulty product due for repair. I would like to hear from anyone who has a sidewinder with James for repair and I will confirm with those individuals that I have their unit/s and when they will get repaired.

Anyone who has a unit which needs repair which they have not yet returned then please get in touch with me to arrange this. Please note that due to the backlog, and the fact Im very busy!, there will be a delay before I can complete your repair.

Roboteers will be responsible for all shipping costs incurred from this point forward, however James has very kindly covered the cost of the the two failed shipments to the states to make up for the inconvenience of the delay (and is very much out of pocket as a result). This means those of you with units already with James for repair will only need to pay for a UK shipment from me to you once the repair is complete. I will require payment for the cost of the repair and shipping to be received before I will send the units.

Before anyone asks, I do not repair any other controller types. If you have a broken Vantec, Roboteq or anything else dont ask me about it. I stopped repairing these owing to their unreliability and difficulty of repair. It simply isnt worth the effort most of the time!

I look forward to hearing from those of you with faulty sidewinders....

Best regards,
    David Gamble.
    Team Tornado.

3. That is great news Dave. I have passed the message on to the DRG forum since we use Sidewinders quite a bit.

Does this also apply to Scorpions as well?

Register To Comment