Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18v motors or similar

hi all

the 18v drill motors currently in psycho fling did work well at the last event but, i dont think they would be up to long term use. plus they are sort of falling to pieces!

so can anyone recommend any motors around 18volts, that wont weigh alot and that are maybe smaller than drill motors?

if not ill stick with these for a while then buy some better quality ones

thanks alex

Golds from technobots...........bigger than drill motors though.

What has gone wrong with the drill motors? Any pics?

My recommendation if you have the space and weight for it is the Graupner Speed 900. It doesnt have a high kv rating so you can make do with a smaller gear reduction and still have heaps of torque.

Whats your budget?

ill try and get some pics up tomorrow, for now ill try and describe

the 18volt drill motors had these ridicluosly small catches on to hold the gear to motor, in transit getting to me they must have broke this has meant that there can sometimes be a gap between the gear box and motor on one side. i have at wales bodged it but i would like something more long lasting any ideas? my budget depends really on how i get hold of some ti which i am presently sorting out

but the thing is with these motors i have got amazing speed 2 on 27volts gives about 13mph according to calculations

thanks alex

just upoladed the pics, the top one shows it best
    the one with silver rings on it is how i bodged it

pics at http://www.psychoflingteam.co.ukwww.psychoflingteam.co.uk

robot improvements

thanks alex

scrap the tabs they will never last.

I notice you are using the plastic drill mounts. Simple solution then. Put two pieces of threaded rod (or long bolts) through both mounts (drill holes in the same place in each) and secure with a nut or two. This will hold the motor and gearbox together.

is there any way you can self right?

no cant self right but soon will e able to work both ways up. where should i put the bolts top or bottom?

thanks alex

Register To Comment