Register To Comment
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Noise - Series 2

I sure kept you guys waiting, didn€™t I?

+2>Mechanical Noise - Series 2

Entrants

During a time when robot-fanfic seems to be low, I€™m looking for MN2 to be bigger than its predecessor. I€™m looking for 12 people to enter 8 robots each.
    - There€™s a MAXIMUM of 3 realies per squad, and a MINUMUM of 0
    - The weight limits are:
    100 kg for (omni)wheeled bots
    110 kg for tracked bots and shufflers
    150 kg for real walkers
    - Flying bots are banned
    - You can explain your stats in any way you want, but there are some things I really want to know about your bot (either very detailed or roughly estimated), these are:
    Weight
    Shape
    Ground Clearance
    Dimensions
    Speed
    Movement type
    Armour
    Weaponry
    Motor (or at least a rough estimation of the traction)
    Srimech
    Strengths and weaknesses
    Any more details are more than welcome
    - I want you to able to do a rough stating of your realies as well, since I really don€™t know every realie
    - Clusterbots are allowed, with the rule that no part of the bot can weigh less than 10% of the total weight of the bot. When 50% of the total weight of the bot is counted out, the whole bot is out
    - Passive weaponry is fine in my book
    - Robots with interchangeable weaponry can€™t have more than 5 different set ups. The 5 setups have to be in your initial stats.
    - Unrealistic bots are banned, crappy bots are entered at your own risk

Tournament set up

16 Heats, starting off with 2 3-way melees followed up by 2 1-on-1€™s followed up by 1 Heat Final
    2 Semi-finals, starting off with 4 1-on-1€™s followed up by 2 1-on-1€™s
    1 Grand Final! It kicks off with 2 1-on-1€™s, and concludes in 1 big final fight!

The Battles

-If one of the robots does not move for 30 seconds (robots that are OOTA will not be allowed to move and will automatically be counted out, same goes for pitted robots), while the other does still move during that period of time, it will be counted out, and lose the battle
    -If both of the robots are immobilised at the same time and do not move for 30 seconds, and one of them would still be capable of moving if it would be in a different position (e.g. it€™s on it€™s back, against the arena wall or pitted) and the other can€™t move at all, the last will lose.
    -If the battle itself won€™t give us a winner, it goes to the judges, they will give:
    A score for caused damage; (a mark out of 10)*2
    A score for shown aggression; (a mark out of 10)*1.5
    A score for control of the fight; (a mark out of 10)*1
    A score for shown style; (a mark out of 10)*0.5

The scores will be added up and the robot with the highest score wins, a rematch will be held if a draw occurs.

The Arena

The arena is a 20*20 m. indestructible box with walls all around them, and an open pit straight in the middle of it€¦ yeah!

The House Robots

Ooohhh€¦ this is new, I€™m working on a squad of house robots at the moment, but I€™m afraid it€™s too early for me to reveal anything€¦ but there WILL be house robots!

The Seeds

16 Heats give room to 16 seeds, 1 seed per heat. As it stands, the seeds will be:

1. Psyclonised
    2. Black Panther Queen
    3. Disco 5
    4. Wedge Devolution
    5. Flank Attack
    6. Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    7. Achilles
    8. Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus
    9. Cyberdemon
    10. Yet Another Cut Above the Rest
    11. Going Crunch
    12. Novastorm 2
    13. Tengu VII
    14. GeForce 4.0
    15. Orka MK4
    16. Forcepower 5.0

Newer versions of these bots will replace their predecessors.

Reservations

I€™ve been looking around for people to enter this tournament, and I don€™t know if I€™ve made this 100% clear, but everyone who answered my invitation with a €œyes€ has a reserved spot, these are:

Steven
    Martyn
    Andy
    Alex H
    Alex M
    Tony
    Matty F
    Kody

Yup€¦ that€™s about it

Start entering!

Lets see...

Tengu, Panther and Achilles are givens...

To that I add:
    Archangel of the Abyss
    Salamander III
    Nodachi
    Baldur
    Slammer (the five setups will be: vertical claw, wedge, vertical flywheel, axe blades and lance)

http://www.alexjholt.tkwww.alexjholt.tk as is usual

Im just sticking to the basics, and using my original DW team. Thankfully, Cyclone Force fits into the fray well.

ORKA MK4

Weight: 100 kilos
    Body Shape: Behemoth
    Speed: Some 15mph
    TC: 0
    GC: 2mm, 0mm at front.
    Wheels; 6 inner
    Armour; 7mm titanium
    Power; 3x 12v batteries, powered by a couple of Magmotors
    Colour; Black with white patches
    Weapons; A Behemoth like bucket scoop, made from titanium, and quite capable of lifting 300 kilos. It has a claw like device to grab an oppodent, like the claw on Mantis. The scoop is pnumatically powered, and has about 45 odd flips.
    Srimech: It has a dorsal fin on top used for self-righting
    Inspiration; Ive always liked Orcas. Adding the K made it sound more dangerous.
    Strengths; Weapon
    Weaknessess: Hard to turn

BIO
    Every big team needs some big star to bring in the crowds. My big name is Orka MK4, representing Team Dinowarrior in all its glory.
    No one is faster, smarter or more agile than Orka Mk4. When charging, other robots need to get out of his way. He can flip just about ANYTHING that doesnt take the warning, or simply grab hold of them. Hes ready for battle! Are you?

DIE-CERATOPS RE-INVERTUS

Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape: Wheely Big Cheese
    Speed; 15mph
    TC; 0
    GC; 0mm at front, 3mm at sides and back.
    Wheels; 2 inner, sticking out only slightly,
    Armour; 8mm titanium
    Colour; Green, with Killer Carrot style wrinkles, mouth and eyes. One of the eyes has a plaster over it, the other is a black eye. A few bandages are painted on this time.
    Weapons: A huge Wheely Big Cheese style flipper, capable of flipping a tonne or so.
    Srimech; As the name suggests, the robot runs inverted. Bars prevent side strandings, and the back is rounded, so stranding THAT way is outta the question. The flipper works upside down.
    Inspiration; Ive always liked Dinosaurs. This is a pun of Triceratops. The Invertus part is pretty obvious.
    Strengths; The ability to work upside down and still be able to use its weapon, now easier to control.
    Weaknessess: Tengu VI

BIO
    Orkas cute-on-one-side-pure-hell-on-tuther friend, Die-Ceratops is equally as powerful and as nippy as his buddy. In the arena, he can get to oppodents/victims in record time. Then, once his flipper is underneath them, they can kiss the ground good-bye. Of course, hes teamed with me, and I can be rather protective over him...

CYCLONE FORCE 2.5

Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape; Storm 2
    Speed; 25mph
    TC; 0
    GC; Side is 0mm due to skirts. Back is 2mm. See set-ups for front GC
    Wheels; 6 inner
    Armour; 7mm Titanium.
    Power; Similar stuff to what Storm 2 uses.
    Colour; A blue-ish grey tone all over.
    Weapons; The robot has 5 set-ups, 2 brand new...
    SET UP 1...A lifter device, similar to Storm 2. In theory, it can lift 190 kilos. The front makes a wedge and results in a 0mm GC. However, the wedge is useless upside down.
    SET-UP 2...A pair of Kan Opener style claws, with about 4 tonnes of pressure at the tip. Front GC for this and Set-up 3 is 1mm.
    SET-UP 3...A Disc-O-Inferno style disc, reaching speeds of up to 3000rpm and with similar damage capability to this dangerous bot (I mean, look what it did to Panic Attack).
    SET-UP 4...Two 30cm long spikes, which, combined with the speed of the robot, can easily penetrate weaker armours (Id say anything 4mm thick or less, minus Steel, is in a bit of trouble).
    SET-UP 5...The most risky approach, A simple bucket scoop, like X-Terminator. The scoop is static, but can get underneath virtually zero ground clearance. Its front is 0mm.
    Srimech; The robot runs inverted, the sides are protected by the skirts and back stranding is impossible. Set-ups 2, 3 and 4 work upside down.
    Inspiration; The original Cyclone was named because it is the name of a storm and it sounds threatening. The force came later, after it became a pusher.
    Strengths;Raw power
    Weaknessess;Lack of control, Set-ups 1 and 5 do not work upside-down.

BIO
    When Cyclone Force 2.5 is in the game, every other piece of metal is scrap! Cyclone can travel across the arena with great speed AND power. His interchangable weapon system means NO ONE is safe. Thank goodness hes harmless when turned off.

LEPROSY INFECTION

Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape; Tetanus Booster
    Speed; 18mph
    TC; 0
    GC; 2mm
    Wheels; 4 inner, top sticking out. Wheel flaps are situated either side of the wheel to protect them.
    Armour; 7mm titanium
    Colour; A disgusting shade of lime green.
    Weapons; A very large, very dangerous vertical drum, capable of reaching speeds of 4000rpm. The teeth on the drum are curved upwards so they can flip as well as damage and very sharp at the tip. There is a reason for this...
    Srimech; The robot is invertable. Bars along the side and back prevent stranding. The wheel flaps, both on top and bottom, are set so the robot can still run inverted without getting stranded. Once upside down, the teeth of the drum gouge out robot parts.
    Inspiration; Named after the disease which causes the skin to flake and fingers and toes to drop off...namely because the robot does something similar. The basic idea came from an episode of The Simpsons.
    Strengths; Drum, control is pretty good
    Weaknessess; Wheels may be vulnerable to axes

BIO
    When youve got sharp teeth, sickeningly bright green paint and a name of a skin disease, battle invitations are pretty remote. So, hes loving life in the Robot Wars arena where he can make others sick. Leprosy Infections drum is killer! And when hes upside down, those teeth start gouging out his prey. Grrr...

MEGA MASHER 2

Body Shape: Minion
    Speed: 12mph
    GC; 0 at front, 1mm at sides due to skirts.
    Wheels; 4 inner.
    Armour: A nice 3mm of steel
    Power: Similar stuff to what Tornado uses.
    Colour: Red and yellow.
    Weapons; The front is a wedge, and the back has a nasty vertical disc, powered by its own motor and spinning at 2000 rpm. It can probably flip as well as damage. A side Minion style bar comes out from the side.
    Srimech: The aforementioned bar rights the robot, even though it can run inverted.
    Inspiration; This is probably the only robot I have where I have had no inspiration. It just came as a good name.
    Strengths: Power, weaponary
    Weaknessess: A little bulky, not as heavy as the body would suggest.

BIO
    Mega Masher is still hell bent on robot destruction. Whether you think of him as the baddest, most brutal robot ever or just a power crazed crazy thing - just dont tell him when his disc is spinning at full throttle! His wedge is also dangerous; being one of the lowest out there. Dont trust this robot to lose as far as you can throw him! Even better, dont try to throw him at all; hes based around Battlebot champion Minion, and way too bulky for flipping.

Y4

Weight: 99 kilos
    Body Shape: T-Minus
    Speed: 16mph
    GC: 2mm, but the flipper blade reaches 0.
    Wheels: 2 semi outer (that means theyre protected)
    Armour: 5mm titanium
    Power: The usual 3x 12v batteries and couple Magmotors for power.
    Colour: Grey
    Weapons: An extremely powerful flipper (Try 300 kilos+). Can perform about 30 or so flips before it starts weakening.
    Srimech: The flipper acts as srimech. It can also be used as gymnastics. A light flip will knock the robot back over, but pressing hard on the button will send the robot into a 540 degree spin before landing, or a Matador style bound in mid air. All prperly controlled, of course.
    Inspiration: A quote from a cartoon. Taz-mania, I believe.
    Strengths: Powerful flipper, very entertaining.
    Weaknessess: Semi exposed wheels.

BIO
    Even the simplest of names create a savage effect. This flipper flapper is back under my arms, and ready to make his own mark on the world. Like Mega Masher, he is based on a Battlebot champion, this time T-Minus, and thus is a master at powerful flips.

AXE-O-LOTL

Body Shape: Comengetorix
    Speed: 20mph
    GC: 2mm
    Wheels: 4 inner
    Armour: Mainly aluminium (5mm) with 3mm Titanium top plates.
    Power: Same stuff as Storm 2 and Cyclone Force uses.
    Colour: Has interchangable panels. One set is pure black, the other pure white with pink tinges.
    Weapons: A very nasty axe, with the power of Dominator 2. The head is diamond tipped, and the whole weapon is VERY persistant. It can fire about 40 times in one fight.
    Srimech: The axe rights the robot. The robots body is designed so it cant be side stranded.
    Inspiration: My favourite amphibian, the axolotl.
    Strengths: Powerful weaponary
    Weaknessess: Questionable armour.

BIO
    Axe-O-Lotl likes a bit of Mexican chilli powder with his lubricating oil. After a break in Mexico, Axe-O-Lotl has returned to join the mightiest of the mighty on Team Dinowarrior. His powerful/persistant axe is brutal, and he has just as much power as Cyclone Force.

OBLITERATION

Body Shape: Revolutionist
    Speed: 5mph
    GC: 5mm all the way round. It has to be.
    Wheels: 8 inner (4 on top, 4 below)
    Armour: 7mm titanium
    Power: It drives on 3x 12v batteries plus a couple of Magmotors. For the weaponary, the power matches Phrizbee.
    Colour: Dark blue with tinges of black and brown.
    Weapons: This robot is a full body spinner. The teeth are increibally sharp. It spins at about 500 rpm, and does damage similar to Phrizbee.
    Srimech: Unusual for a FBS, this robot runs inverted.
    Inspiration: It sounded cool. It also sounds like a ride at an amusment park, if you ask me.
    Strengths: Body! Need I say more?
    Weaknessess: Rather slow, First timer

BIO
    Obliteration has the disposition of a train wreck many times over. Though he prefers to take his time around the arena, his super powerful spinning body delivers a nasty blow. Obliteration is a first stringer, and considers himself A closer - And he doesnt like having his photo taken for some reason! Watch out for this guy - hes no sweet pleasent ride let me tell you!

OOHHH YEAH

I gotta think about some of my entries this time around, though...but for sure, I will have:

1. Wedginator 5.0
    2. Super Gore: TD
    3. The Epidemic

Martijn, you will know where these stats are, I assume.

Realie:

4. Surgeon General (Season 5 version)

Shape: Low box with front inverted wedge.
    Colour: Mostly red and black, sliver disc.
    Armour: Actually, I have no idea...help would be nice...
    Wheels: 2 sitting at the rear corners on the chassis. Makes SG invertible.
    Weapons: A giant horizontal disc sitting on top of the front. Spins at 3000rpm. Very powerful, took out Dantomkias brother Spitfire quite nicely.

Will decide on the rest of my bots later, k?

Ill enter with:
    Battle Raptor IV
    Death Adder III
    Double Killa
    Drilla Killa VII
    MORD2
    Snakebite IV
    SYNDOS
    Tenderizers Revenge 2

BATTLE RAPTOR 4
    Weight: 100kg
    Shape: Invertable box with wedge at front, rounded sides and rear, painted orange with black stripes like the raptors in Jurassic Park - since theres no room for an aesthetic raptor head, the paint job on the flipper displays a raptor head
    Dimensions: 70 x 55 x 30
    Ground Clearance: 0 at front due to low wedge, 0 at sides and rear due to skirts
    Armour: 4mm Hardox, with holes drilled in it to reduce weight
    Wheels: 4, inside robot, poke out the top so the robot can run inverted, uses skid steering
    Power: 4 Perm 080s motors on 24V powered by 24V @ 12amp batteries
    Weapons: The robot has an pneumatic Atomic-style flipper, with a flipping plate over the wedge at the front (with a plate sticking out of the front and running along the floor for 5cm for getting under skirts) and two bars attached to it that run down either side of the top of the robot to the flipper hinges 3/4 of the way along. At the centre of the top is a titanium electrically powered axe with a Terrorhurtz-style blade. Both weapons work at the front in this version - the flipper is fairly powerful since it is pneumatically powered (about 25 flips per fight), and while the axe isnt as powerful, it should still make a mark, particularly in vulnerable areas like wheels.
    Srimech: Flipper and axe can both serve as a srimech (on their own, not together). If weapons fail in resting position, robot can run inverted. Flipper hinges and axe blade fit inside the robot and dont poke out the top, so they dont prop it up.
    Tactics: Try to flip opponents, and if I cant, hammer them.
    Strengths: Dual weaponry, invertable, manouverable due to skid steering
    Weaknesses: Wheels vulnerable to axes, no weapons to attack from rear

DEATH ADDER 3
    Weight: 110kg
    Shape: The outside is a big 4mm thick Hardox ring, with skirts all the way round at the bottom, and also fitted at the top for when the robot is inverted. On the inside top and bottom rim of the ring are small wheels with no drives, to balance it off the ground. Inside the ring, attached to it by bars, is the flat circular body.
    Dimensions: 100 x 100 x 25
    Speed: 18mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 due to front scoop and skirts, 5mm behind skirts
    Armour: Ring is 4mm thick Hardox; body has 4mm thick titanium
    Movement: Camshafts like Drillzilla
    Weapon: Main weapon is a pneumatically powered axe with a Beta-style hammer with sharpened ends. The axes attachment to the robot is not right on top, but a bit down into the body, allowing the robot to run inverted. At the front of the ring is a static curved scoop, which has a 0 ground clearance due to a titanium strip at the bottom - hopefully DA3 will ram opponents quickly and powerfully enough for the scoop to go underneath and the opponent to run up it and be overturned, or at least caught, a bit like BB middleweight Red Square. The scoop has a rectangle cut out of its top where the axe comes down when fired, and the ring has a rectangle cut out of its top half at the back where the axe rests, so the axes head and part of the stick bit can come out of it - the cutouts are lined with rubber so the axe doesnt damage itself on them.
    Srimech: Axe works as srimech. If axe fails in resting position, the robot can run inverted, but cannot use any of its weaponry.
    Tactics: Hammer opponents to death, or try to ram and overturn with the scoop.
    Strengths: Fast; powerful axe; difficult to attack by flippers or spinners
    Weaknesses: Will be helpless if turned over when axe is stuck in irregular position; could be attacked by axes

DOUBLE KILLA
    A two part clusterbot that can attack joined together or apart.

DK1
    Weight: 50kg
    Shape: A Spawn Again-like wedge, painted blue, and two screws poking out the rear
    Dimensions: 60 x 30 x 30
    Speed: 13mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 at front, 0 at sides and rear due to skirts, 2mm behind skirts
    Armour: 4mm Hardox
    Wheels: 4, inside robot
    Power: 24V battery and motors
    Weapon: CO2 powered flipper, with Chaos 2-style upward flip
    Srimech: Flipper acts as srimech if it lands on its back; sides are slanted so if it rests on them, the flipper will still right it; two screws poke out of the rear so it cant rest there
    Tactics: To flip opponents on their backs or OOTA.
    Strengths: Classic wedge shape; fairly fast
    Weaknesses: Ineffective against skirted opponents

DK2
    Weight: 50kg
    Shape: A low invertable box, shaped a bit like Drillzilla, with screws tapped into sides; painted green
    Dimensions: 45 x 60 x 15
    Ground Clearance: 3mm at front and rear, 0 at sides due to skirts, 3mm behind skirts
    Power: 36V battery and motors
    Weapon: At front, two small Kan Opener style claws, each positioned at a front corner, used as a clamp on other robots and to hold onto DK1s rear; at rear, a horizontal spinning Pussycat-style saw blade
    Srimech: Invertable; screws at sides prevent it resting there
    Tactics: To clamp opponents and run them into arena obstacles, or to cause damage with the saw blade
    Strengths: Fast and manouverable
    Weaknesses: Weight disadvantage so it may not be able to pull or push some opponents

DRILLA KILLA 7
    Weight: 99kg
    Shape: Low invertable box, painted red, with a Tornado-like low wedge at the front, and an upside down one at the back for when the robot is upside down, and skirts at the sides fixed at the centre so they work whichever way up the robot is
    Dimensions: 110 x 40 x 25
    Speed: 17mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 at front due to wedge; 0 at sides due to skirts, 3mm behind skirts, 25cm at most at back due to inverted wedge
    Turning Circle: 2cm
    Armour: 5mm Hardox
    Wheels: 6, inside robot
    Weapon: Each wedge has a hole in the centre - inside each hole is a diamond tipped drill, spinning at 600 rpm, which comes out of the hole using a motor. It can come out to cause damage when an opponent is on the wedge, or can stay out and cause damage when the robot rams opponents.
    Srimech: Invertable; cannot rest on sides due to skirts
    Tactics: To get under unskirted opponents, slam them around and bring out the drills to damage their underbellies; to ram skirted opponents with the drills out and try to cause damage
    Strengths: Good pushing power
    Weaknesses: Drills may not penetrate very thick armour; high ground clearance at back

M.O.R.D2
    Shape: Box, with sides that slant outwards from the top and bottom edges to form triangles, like Tornados rear (hopefully this will lower the effectiveness of spinners)
    Dimensions: 90 x 32 x 35
    Speed: 20mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 at front due to plow, 0 at sides and rear due to skirts, which are fixed to the points of the triangles and can work either way up
    Armour: Body is 4mm Hardox; scoop is 4mm titanium; skirts are 3mm titanium
    Weapons: At the front is an electrically powered scoop which operates through 180 degrees, so it can work when the robot is inverted. Behind the scoop is a 20kg spinning drum with 8 titanium teeth on it, spinning at 2000rpm and hopefully able to flip robots as well as damage them. The drum comes into play if the scoop is lifted.
    Srimech: Invertable; triangles at sides and rear prevent it resting there
    Tactics: Shove opponents with the scoop; then lift the scoop and attack with the drum
    Strengths: Fast; good traction; powerful drum
    Weaknesses: Less manouverable than wheeled robots

SNAKEBITE 4
    Shape: Low invertable box with wedge shaped like a snakes head at the centre of the front, skirts at either side of the wedge and rounded sides
    Dimensions: 90 x 70 x 23
    Speed: 18mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 at front due to low wedge and skirts, 0 at sides due to skirts, 3mm at rear
    Armour: Body is 4mm Hardox; skirts are 3mm titanium
    Weapons: At the centre of the front is a 40cm wide wedge with a titanium edge for getting under skirts. The wedge is split horizontally down the middle and opens up like a jaw hydraulically - this is designed for lifting rather than flipping, and can also clamp on low robots that it gets under. On either side of the wedge are skirts which help get under other robots who arent on the wedge. The skirts and wedge both flop down when inverted so can be used either way up. At the rear is a horizontal MOE-style 8kg 2500rpm spinning blade.
    Srimech: Invertable; rounded sides prevent it resting there
    Tactics: Try to get under robots, lift and shove them around, and damage them with the blade.
    Strengths: Fast; good traction; well armoured
    Weaknesses: Low flippers can get it at the rear; has difficulty flipping opponents

SYNDOS (SLICE N DICE ON STEROIDS)
    Weight: 96kg
    Shape: Invertable box with rounded sides and rear
    Dimensions: 60 x 60 x 45
    Speed: 12mph
    Ground Clearance: 4mm at front, 0 at sides and back due to skirts, skirts are sprung for extra lowness
    Wheels: 2, inside robot, with RC gyro for extra control
    Power: 2 Perm 080s motors on 24V powered by 24V @ 12amp batteries
    Weapon: 25kg 3000rpm titanium vertical spinning disc at front
    Srimech: Invertable
    Tactics: Mash with big-a** disc, and try to flip as well.
    Strengths: Powerful weapon; low ground clearance
    Weaknesses: No weapons on sides and rear; a bit on the slow side

TENDERIZERS REVENGE 2
    Weight: 97kg
    Shape: Low invertable box with low wedge at the front and inverted wedge at the back - painted blue with its name painted to look like blood on the skirts
    Dimensions: 90 x 90 x 20
    Speed: 15mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 all around due to low wedge and skirts, 2mm behind side skirts, 20cm behind skirt on inverted wedge. Both wedges have skirts attached to them at their edge. The wedge and side skirts are attached to rotatable cylinders inside the robot (or wedge) so they can be moved up and down. When they are down, they are very low and its hard to get underneath, but the robots speed is reduced to 9mph. The side skirts can go up to a point where they work inverted. The skirts on the wedges move within 90 degrees - when their wedge is inverted, they are in a vertical position to repel flippers, and when their wedge is right way up, they are in a horizontal position, riding along the ground to help get under robots. When the robot is moving around normally, all skirts except the front wedge one are pulled down low but not to maximum lowness so it can move quickly - the skirts go to maximum lowness if a flipper comes anywhere near it.
    Armour: Main body has 5mm polycarbonate on top of 5mm titanium, skirts are 4mm titanium, wedges are 5mm hardox
    Weapon: An electrically powered lifting arm, which runs along half of the top of the robot - its tip is pointed to help hold onto robots, and is at the point where the wedge meets the body, and it does not go down the wedge. It can rotate through 360 degrees so it can be used when the robot is inverted.
    Srimech: Invertable - arm will act as srimech, but this will hardly happen as the robot works identically both ways up. Moveable skirts prevent it from resting on its sides.
    Tactics: Run into opponents, try to get under them, then get them onto its top and onto the arm. The arm turns them over, or catches them so I can carry them around.
    Strengths: Decent pushing power; moveable skirts; difficult to attack by flippers
    Weaknesses: May struggle to use arm against some opponents

Holy heart failure! Richards still alive!

As for me:

TEAM BRAVEHEART
    1) Wedge Devolution
    http://fvagroup.proboards39.com/index.cgi?board=braveheart&action=display&thread=1 124712217http://fvagroup.proboards39.com/inde...display&thread =1124712217

2) Killotine: EVO
    http://fvagroup.proboards39.com/index.cgi?board=braveheart&action=display&thread=1 124712134http://fvagroup.proboards39.com/inde...display&thread =1124712134

3) Metal Sonic Spin Dash
    SHAPE- low skirted box, with fixed front wedge & sloped sides
    COLOUR- blue bodywork, with red-and-white striped skirting
    WEIGHT- about 100kg
    DIMENSIONS- 102cm X 75cm X 20cm
    SPEED- 16mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0m
    GROUND CLEARANCE- virtually 0mm at front with spatula, 0mm elsewhere with skirts, 12mm elsewhere without skirts
    ARMOUR- 3.75mm Hardox
    WHEELS- inside robot, 6WD
    POWER- 2 x LEM-130 MagMotors. These will run at 36v and produce approximately 18hp.
    WEAPONS- The main weapon here is really the excellent traction, but like all its other incarnations, Spin Dash still maintains its Pussycat-style vertical saw blade, running at 3000rpm. This time, however, the four-clawed spinner sticks halfway out of the front wedge, so that when the wedge/spatula combo bashes underneath an opponent, both the wheels and the underbelly are at the mercy of the saw.
    Also features several Mute-style barbs on top to hook onto other robots and let me drag them around the ring
    SRIMECH- a rear-hinged arm on top with a basic low-pressure CO2 set-up. Can be used to about 30-40 times and is ONLY used for self-righting in order not to waste the gas supply
    NOTES- flies the Scotland flag (though, forgot to add to pic. Shockaroonie!), has F*** Shadow! written on the underbelly in red
    STRENGTHS- excellent traction, fast, manoueverable, tough armour, well-skirted, great at getting under everyone else
    WEAKNESSES- so-so turning ability, teething troubles?
    PICCY HERE- http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/3603/fifthspindashde6.pnghttp://img77.imageshack.us/img77/360...pindashde6.png

4) Whirligig 4.0
    http://fvagroup.proboards39.com/index.cgi?board=braveheart&action=display&thread=1 124712003http://fvagroup.proboards39.com/inde...display&thread =1124712003

5) Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    http://fvagroup.proboards39.com/index.cgi?board=braveheart&action=display&thread=1 124711957http://fvagroup.proboards39.com/inde...display&thread =1124711957

6) Turbo Tails
    SHAPE- short box with front wedge, sloped sides & rounded rear
    COLOUR- yellow with the foxs face looking particularly evil on the front slope
    WEIGHT- approx 100kg
    DIMENSIONS- 90cm X 75cm X 25cm
    SPEED- 16mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0m
    GROUND CLEARANCE- approx 0mm at front (titanium blade), 8mm everywhere else
    ARMOUR- 3.5mm monocoque Hardox, with 2mm yellow fur over that.
    MOVEMENT- 4 inner wheels
    POWER- 2 x C40-500 MagMotors. These will run at 36v and produce approximately 12hp.
    WEAPONS- Tails chief weapon is the horizontal spinning blade. Now mounted on top, its a bit heavier than before and has Fluffy-style heads instead of the old hammers. Its powered by 2 x LEM-130s running at 36v and has top speeds of around 2500rpm, so its definately just as deadly as before - if not, more so!
    SRIMECH- A front forward-hinged arm, powered by a single, low-pressure CO2 ram. Capable of operating just over 30 times per fight. Not used for the offensive unless desperate. Sloped sides and rounded rear also prevent it getting beached.
    NOTES- flies the Scotland flag
    STRENGTHS- orrible weapon, touger armour, fast, fairly compact, greater pushing power
    WEAKNESSES- not quite as manouverable as before, flammability, wholl take it seriously?
    PICCY HERE- http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8014/turbotailsnu8.pnghttp://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8014/turbotailsnu8.png

7) Chaos 2 (RW Ex 2)

Mega Hurts L.T. (RW7)

Hope everythings in order there, Marti.

RICHARD!!!

dude, I know I mailed you to scout for possible contenders, but that was weeks ago! what brought you here dude

and lotsa thanks go out to Alex H, Chris M, Kody and Steven too!

entrants so far:

1- Alex Holt
    a. Tengu VII
    b. Black Panther Queen
    c. Achilles
    d. Archangel of the Abyss
    e. Salamander III
    f. Nodachi
    g. Baldur Gamma
    h. Slammer V
    2- Chris M
    a. Orka MK4
    b. Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus
    c. Cyclone Force 2.5
    d. Leprosy Infection
    e. Mega Masher 2
    f. Y4
    g. Axe-O-Lotl
    h. Obliteration
    3- Kody
    a. Wedginator 5.0
    b. Super Gore: TD
    c. The Epidemic
    d. Surgeon General (Season 5)
    e. Unknown
    f. Unknown
    g. Unknown
    h. Unknown
    4- Richard
    a. Battle Raptor IV
    b. Death Adder III
    c. Double Killa
    d. Drilla Killa VII
    e. MORD2
    f. Snakebite IV
    g. SYNDOS
    h. Tenderizer€™s Revenge
    5- Steven
    a. Wedge Devolution
    b. Killotine: EVO
    c. Metal Sonic Spin Dash
    d. Whirligig 4.0
    e. Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    f. Turbo Tails
    g. Chaos 2 (Extreme 2)
    h. Mega Hurts L.T. (Series 7)
    6- Martyn
    a. Unknown
    b. Unknown
    c. Unknown
    d. Unknown
    e. Unknown
    f. Unknown
    g. Unknown
    h. Unknown
    7- Andy
    a. Unknown
    b. Unknown
    c. Unknown
    d. Unknown
    e. Unknown
    f. Unknown
    g. Unknown
    h. Unknown
    8- Alex M
    a. Unknown
    b. Unknown
    c. Unknown
    d. Unknown
    e. Unknown
    f. Unknown
    g. Unknown
    h. Unknown
    9- Tony
    a. Unknown
    b. Unknown
    c. Unknown
    d. Unknown
    e. Unknown
    f. Unknown
    g. Unknown
    h. Unknown
    10- Matty F
    a. Unknown
    b. Unknown
    c. Unknown
    d. Unknown
    e. Unknown
    f. Unknown
    g. Unknown
    h. Unknown
    11- Unknown
    a. Unknown
    b. Unknown
    c. Unknown
    d. Unknown
    e. Unknown
    f. Unknown
    g. Unknown
    h. Unknown
    12- Unknown
    a. Unknown
    b. Unknown
    c. Unknown
    d. Unknown
    e. Unknown
    f. Unknown
    g. Unknown
    h. Unknown

I was NOT expecting Mr. Southworth to make a dramatic reappearance...

A big welcome back to Richard!

Anyway, my next three entries are:

Macduff the 2nd
    Dysfunction 2.0
    Shadow Zone
    (can be found on our forum as well, Martijn)

And I will have a new bot up to replace Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condrioid, who is on my roster.

(Message edited by kodster on September 04, 2007)

yeah, you mailed back, but that was weeks ago too, didnt think youd actually see me opening this thread

Register To Comment