Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Combat Robot Hall of Fame - Nominations open

Its August. Its an odd-numbered year. That means...

Nominations for membership in the Combat Robot Hall of Fame are open!

All combat robots -- active or retired -- in any weight class -- are eligible. Builders may vote for as many robots as they like, but only one ballot per builder please. Robots are judged on the percentage of ballots on which they appear.

Consider the criteria for membership:

* Dominating success in combat
    * Pioneering or perfecting influential designs
    * Having great fan or entertainment appeal, or
    * Otherwise making a lasting impact on the sport.

Go take a look at the hall (http://members.toast.net/joerger/hall_of_fame.htmlhttp://members.toast.net/joerger/hall_of_fame.html) to view current members and the honorable mention list. Robots on the honorable mention list may be promoted to full membership via the biennial vote, and new robots may go direct to full membership or onto the honorable mention list.

Think over your nominations, pull them together, and send them in to the ballot-only email address: speedcall@excite.com by midnight PDT on August 15th.

Results will be posted here and at the Hall of Fame.

3. I agree with the vote for Nipper for best engineered robot.

For feathers you have to look to the Scorpian team for as John would say pushing the boundaries. And making somthing that people said couldnt be done i.e. Scorpian Pure Evil.

mario

yes gravity as my dad even admits to copying him

so many others prob got the idea from him 2

Terrorhurtz - Still not a single robot thats acheived the power and reliabity of this robot. Great crowd pleaser, great to watch, well engineered and wins!

Big Nippers a great peice of engineering.

Tiberious - I dont suppose youve seen a robot with over 5 tonnes of crush at the tip? also very well built.

Feathers - All of team big nippers robots are very well engineered and push the boundaries of each weapon they have. Still no spinner as reliable as little spinner, no axe as reliable as little hitter, and no flipper as reliable and good looking as little Flipper.

7. * Dominating success in combat

Biohazard

* Pioneering or perfecting influential designs

Cassius

* Having great fan or entertainment appeal

Razer

* Otherwise making a lasting impact on the sport

Gravity 3.

I can also mention Shrederator, Mauler, Blendo, Mechadon, Chaos 2, Tornado, TerrorHz, Kan-opener, Big Nipper etc. etc. But when looking at the criteria i would go for these.

(Message edited by leorcc on August 06, 2007)

Well I am going to be dead biased and nominate Typhoon 2

my reasons?

- The first successful UK full bodied spinner