Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combat Robot Hall of Fame - Nominations open

Last call for votes for the Combat Robot Hall of Fame. Voting closes at Midnight (Pacific Standard Time) on Wednesday August 15th.

Discussing here on the forum is great, but your votes only count if you email them in.

Having great fan or entertainment appeal: Diotoir, perhaps? Or are they still around? :sad:

4. The 2007 vote is complete. The ballots ranged widely with votes cast for 45 different individual robots from the United States, Canada, and Europe. Votes from Europe and North America were counted seperately to avoid diluting the voting pool.

There are two new full members to the Hall for 2007:

* Sewer Snake (US) -- the historically #1 ranked heavyweight is promoted from Honorable Mention status.
    * Cassius (UK) -- the prototypical Robot Wars flipper moves directly into the Hall.

Several other robots from the Honorable Mention roll received significant support toward full membership, but only Sewer Snake made the transition.

Five robots have been added to the Honorable Mention roll for 2007:

* Big Nipper (UK)
    * CycloneBot (US)
    * Gravity (Holland)
    * Storm 2 (UK)
    * TerrorHurtz (UK)

Brief robographies for all robots and pictures/weblinks for full members have been added to the Hall: http://members.toast.net/joerger/hall_of_fame.htmlhttp://members.toast.net/joerger/hall_of_fame.html

mark lambs eh?

7. Thank you Mark for giving us the chance to cast our vote. It is a cool initiative.

I just had a look. And as far my knowledge goes,
    Nor WJ ,nor me ever claimed Gravity having 8 ton
    of flip. I always state 4 tons, with 5 tons as
    maximum.

Noted and corrected. That 8 ton number is circulating around the net, and I was unable to find an official source of info for Gravity.

Please correct me on any other issues relating to the Hall of Fame as well.

- Mark J.

10. Big Nippers Mark Lamb is actually Mark Lumb

Thank you -- corrected.

Register To Comment