Register To Comment

Thread: Vantec RDFR23 set-up

Ive been playing around with Ploughbot for a couple of days trying to get the drive running nicely. Ive repaired my Vantec but I cant seem to get it to control as well as I hoped it would.
    The steer channel works perfect, minimum deadband and the output works from 0-100% - but the throttle channel has a large deadband and only works from around 5/10% output.
    Both the steer and throttle channels are supposed to be the same as Ive only put a jumper on J7 (hi exponential/normal deadband).
    I thought it could be something to do with the TX settings, but i cant find anything on the DX6 that can change the deadband or make any difference.
    Is this normal for vantecs? If so Im quite disapointed with them as its removing any accurate control what so ever.

It was just a line of FETs and a couple of resistors gone. I also changed the driver chip just incase.
    Because both physical sides of drive worked fine on steer but not on throttle I took the mixing off the vantec and its perfect. Looks like its something in the programming for the mxing on the vantec? I can get round it by using the TX to mix, but I cant use the gyro then. any ideas on if it can be sorted?

Register To Comment