Register To Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spinners and arena walls

Thanks David
    My suspicions were correct the Aylesbury screens were not the norm thanks for clarifying this. Do you think the idea of catch nets would work? do you know if anyone has tried this before?

Thanks Ed ive got it now
    Roaming robots Supported on the side.
    Robots live hung from the top.
    The question begs what one do you think works better from a safety (bits wont get through) point of view?

Craig,

The Aylesbury version of the RR arena was not the norm. Correct on this instance, the polycarb was fixed around the marquee, and not our normal roof structure.

The first RR arena I built, the polycarb was bolted all the way round, not only did it give us a long winded setup time but gave problems as the fixings were so rigidly mounted they ended up cracking.

With the lastest arena, the makrolon is hung on the posts down the sides, a total of 6 brackets for each sheet hanging from each.

The roof structure which fits into the legs holds the whole thing together.

The polycarb is given plently of flex so robots hitting it do not stress the fixings. This has worked very well over the last two years of events.

John
    http://www.RoamingRobots.co.ukwww.RoamingRobots.co.uk

If the polycarb has enough flex both will do the job. I think i would prefer suspended from the top though. less chance of the polycarb falling over.

Register To Comment