Register To Comment

Thread: The best wires that money can buy

Has anyone come across wires/cables that are different than regular stranded wires?

What I am more interested in is something that is thin maybe around 24 awg and not just flexible but something elastic/stretchable. High abrasion resistance is good too!

Im also looking for low profile interconnects that secure wires to motors or small circuit boards. Something that is compact and wont break under twisting and pulling because just soldering the wires to boards keep breaking off!

any links or companies are a great help!
    thanks

Thanks for the tip on the bolts.

I was thinking about using bolts but in my application, I will be not be designing a fighting robot but mass producing some custom motor arm systems. Re-attaching and attaching motor arm parts will be done constantly throughout the day. Therefore, I was wondering if there are any kinds of special wires out there with interconnects that can take abuse from pulling, rotating or twisting.

Usually if you stretch/pull on a cable hard enough, you cause extreme damage and this may cause loss of conductivity. I was think that if I could find something designed to be more elastic then I would have to worry so much loss or damage.

I guess its hard to find the perfect wire. there maybe problems with long term performance with the number of repeated times a wire can be stretched or the material might wear out against other moving parts rubbing against the wire.

Thanks for the info on the Silistrom cables. I will be looking into that more.

Register To Comment