Register To Comment
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 28 - 31 August, Fighting Robots UK Championships 2007

Fighting Robots UK Championships 2007

It is with delight that finally, I can confirm the details of this year€™s championships.

We have managed to secure a deal with Haven Holidays who will be sponsoring this years event. Since Wicksteed park last year we have been working hard to find a package which not only commercially works, but is the best option to further our hobby.

The event this year is going to take place at one of Havens Largest and Flagship holiday parks€¦€¦ namely€¦..

Haven Holidays
    Hafan y M´r Holiday Park
    Pwllheli, Gwynedd
    North Wales, LL53 6HX

Set in the staggering backdrop of Snowdonia, this park will provide a stunning holiday for roboteers and fans joining us for the week,
    With several show bars, pools galore, plus other fantastic entertainment, you will be able to enjoy a break from everything.

The championships will take place over 4 days, Tuesday 28th August through to the Friday 31st August 2007 where the final will take place. ( its also my birthday on the Friday and so there will be one hell of a party that night !!! )
    It will be open to 36 heavyweights, plus others being used for demo fights, and other competitions if we decide to run them again.
    2 shows per day including an afternoon show, and evening show, should leave plenty of time to relax and enjoy the sunshine away from robots!

We will be supplying our very own camping area free of charge to roboteers, and so we can enjoy all of the facilities, power, and showers will of course be provided.

We will be on site from the Saturday before hand until the Sunday afterwards, and anyone is welcome to join us to turn this event into a holiday, why not make the most of being at one of the UK€™s premier holiday parks !!

This years event will feature our current Main arena , ( grade 3 event ) and will be in the main show bar through out, INDOORS !!! and will be the highlight of the summer entertainment package at the park.

Year in year out, this park is regularly fully booked, and so we are confident that this event is going to be one not to be missed in terms of atmosphere, drawing not only the residences at the park, locals, and guests from further a field with the very popular VIP packages being offered once again..

Of course, we couldn€™t do a championship this year without a prize, and so we have secured on top of the usual trophies a prize fund of £2500, yes that€™s £2500. It is likely that it will be shared between the top 3, and not winner takes all !!

Due to the arena re-class done by the FRA, of course this means that we will not be running spinners at this event for 2007, with a firm commitment from Haven already, we do have plans to be using a full class 2 arena for 2008, so all I can say is watch this space for now, and help us make this event a success to enable it to grow for 2008 !!!

Obviously, there will be lots of developments and further information to bring to you over the next few months, but rest assured this event is one not to be missed, and should be the highlight of the 2007 season, get it booked.

I hope we see ALL of you there, sign ups and information will be on the website very soon now that we have it all confirmed.

A small message about feather weights€¦

As mentioned above, we will not be running feather weight spinners at this event, feather weights are more than welcome, and we hope to see all of you here too, we can accommodate 24 feather weights, and will be running a competition for you as well throughout.

The feather weight Uk Championships Title will now take place at the National Space Centre event already listed June 23rd / 24th 2007.

John
    http://www.RoamingRobots.co.ukwww.RoamingRobots.co.uk

(Message edited by roamingrobots on April 16, 2007)

(Message edited by roamingrobots on April 16, 2007)

3. will make a nice summer holiday for my family too. hope mario comes along with his potion. 5 days worth mario so get brewing spoke to jason last night too and we can confirm team bud will be attending for the full week. my tip will be thor or kronic this year. turbulence in with a shout too if dave gets it up and running to its max. anyway it will be a good week of roboting for everyone.

5. Set out from dover to nottingham one day and then go on to that place that i cant pronouce the other day? Now thats a plan

7. Oh my god that reminds me of trying to learn duthc ... put you tongue there and your teeth there

Wont be able to make this one cause we have other things on

shame dave as you were one of my tips for winning. what other things could you possibly have on thats more important than the uk champs? well my money will be on thor and turbulence now then.

Distance to the event is the biggest problem for us living down here in little old Devon. Kronics not driving very well at the moment either, not sure if its the gyro, the wheels or the crappy driver

Register To Comment