Register To Comment
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lithium cell tests

Just for my frame of mind, are the A123 cells under FRA rules now allowed in heavies or not?

Because for now it stated ALL lithium based batteries are allowed up to featherweights only.

the nicads that i have currently have are the Sanyo RC 2400 12v Sub C NiCads sold on overlander. Not too surprising that they are having a hard time off a 3hp mag. I am looking at running the mag off the nicads and get around 6 spin ups and the drive off some nimh i have lying around.

I wish I had the cash to invest in lithium batteries but sadly its not available at the mo. I will just have to win a few events through the summer

Gary you must be doing something iffy then coz Vortex used the same batteries to great success and they were fine. And also i beleive Dizzy Tilly is running 3700mah NiMhs which dont give out as much current as the RC2400 Nicad Cells but is still using them fine and lasting fights and come out only a bit too warm but there fine.

Mr Stu

Alpha has blew both the Sanyo 2400nicads and GP3700 NiMhs, the 3000nicads (Botpacks) although can handle it but weigh too much so i can only run at 12v (not 14.4v) for comps. Im looking into these lithium cells but as i only run 14.4v (or maybe 13.2 or 16.5 for these) maybe its worth me taking a different route rather then using a modded Dewalt 36v pack.

Register To Comment