Register To Comment
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Lithium cell tests

If you already have a lithium polymer/ion programmable charger there is almost deffinatly a new download for it to charge A123 cells. I have looked a little into this as my purely Lipo/LiIon charger can now be updated to use A123s, nicads, NiMhs by downloading the new software from the manufacturers websites.
    The standard balancers will also work very well with them, especially if used inline with the charger.

quote:

I used the silver paste from MEC and it was tested at various loads on a 10 cell packs and it sounded like a kettle boiling at 45A from memory.

Ive never had this issue with the AS5, and I know its fairly good up to at least 90c, because Ive used the stuff on overclocked graphics cards which easily hit 80-90c when torture testing .

Also, someone said in a previous post that the A123s are hard to solder. I originally made up a 4 cell test pack that I soldered. Since I dismantled my cells from Dewalt packs, I just trimmed the tabs back to the cell. This left a good 10mm x 10mm to solder onto. Even though this is just spot welded on, you can flow solder over the edges of the tab (and the centre) onto the cell face and it seems to flow quickly and makes soldering easier.

Register To Comment