Register To Comment
Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Tournament 2

Whoa! Am I a few months early or what?! As I said before, Im so goddamn bored, Im starting Crash & Burn 2!

The Rules

1. This will be a little weird. I want either 8 or 12 people to enter 8 robots each. They can be vapours or realies. However you must have at least one realie in your squad.

2. A new arena is in! Ill have a pic up later, but Ill give a description for now. Its square-shaped, like the Battlebox, but there are small walls like in the RW Arena, and so OOTAs are possible. There is a pit in the middle of the arena that can be triggered by a release button on one of the sides. Flanking the pit are four sets of two kill saws that are perpendicular to each other, yet a little ways away from the pit. A floor flipper is opposite of the pit release button, and has the exact same strength as the RW flipper. Flamethrowers emit jets of flame from out of 2 holes in each of the CPZs which return in this series. The Team Gore house robots also return in all their devastating deadliness.

3. Same as last tournament: basic RW arena rules.

4. Vapourbot statstics must be included with the vapours. Here is the sheet from last tournament if you dont have one yourself:

Vapourboteer Name:
    Team Name:
    Robot Name:
    Weight: (wheeled robots have max weight of 100kg, 125kg for shufflers, and 150kg for walkers)
    Dimensions: (LxWxH)
    Locomotion: (motors, batteries, wheels, etc.)
    Shape: (what is it shaped like)
    Max Speed:
    Ground Clearance: (too many problems have occurred here. REMEMBER, IF YOUR VAPOURBOT HAS A GROUND CLEARANCE OF ZERO, IT WONT MOVE. Make it realistic, please)
    Armour: (what materials cover the robot)
    Weaponry: (you can have a robot with interchangeable weaponry, but you must specify what they are, and how they are powered. You can also have more than one weapon at once, but the limit for weapons is 3. Rammers are allowed)
    Srimech: (does it run invertibly, or does it have a mechanism that rights the vapourbot)
    Strengths: (at least one)
    Weaknesses: (at least one)

5. As before, clusterbots are allowed, but the limit is 4 pieces each. The weight total must add up to 100kg if they are wheeled, 125kg if they are shufflers, or 150kg if they are walkers. The clusterbot will be immobilized if two or more parts of the entire vapourbot are immobilized.

6. No stupid vapourbots, or ones that are meant to be stupid as a joke. (that means you Kustom )

7. Okay, if I get 8 people who enter, then there will be 8 heats, like before. If I get 12 people, then 12 heats will be set-up. Simple enough? But if there ARE 12 people, then there will be series semi-finals with 6 heat winners in each. If I get just less than 12, like 9, 10, or 11, then I will need to pull some people out or e-mail people whove been away a long time (*cough*ANDREW JACKSON*cough*)

8. No vapourboteer fighting. As Steve once said, its the robots who are meant to kill each other, not us!

9. Since I am starting off early, sign-ups will be open for one or two months. During that time someone may reserve a space for their vapours, but if somebody wants to join who hasnt reserved a space, and all the sign-ups are full: if the sign-up period has expired then the person who has the reserved space but no vapours will be shunted and the other person who had vapours will get in.

Thats all! Get those entries in! Im looking forward to this again!

LET ME BE THE FIRST!

to reserve a spot

That was quick...

Two already?! Wow, this is really good...

Hmm, I think Ill give this a go - havent entered a proper one of these before. As sign-ups are open for a while, Ill reserve a spot just now please and thatll give me time to create some vapourbots.

Ive been considering running a tournament for a while now - but I reckon I need to get to know the game first

TEAM DINOWARRIOR

1: Orka MK4
    2: Mega Masher 2
    3: Cyclone Force 2.5
    4: Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus
    5: Crash Bandi-bot 3
    6: Leprosy Infection
    7: Spring-BOK!
    8: Disc-O-Inferno [Extreme 1 version] (my realie)

And heres the stats.

ORKA MK4

Weight: 100 kilos
    Body Shape: Behemoth
    Speed: Some 15mph
    TC: 0
    GC: 2mm, 0mm at front.
    Wheels; 6 inner
    Armour; 7mm titanium
    Power; 3x 12v batteries, powered by a couple of Magmotors
    Colour; Black with white patches
    Weapons; A Behemoth like bucket scoop, made from titanium, and quite capable of lifting 300 kilos. It has a claw like device to grab an oppodent, like the claw on Mantis. The scoop is pnumatically powered, and has about 45 odd flips.
    Srimech: It has a dorsal fin on top used for self-righting
    Inspiration; Ive always liked Orcas. Adding the K made it sound more dangerous.
    Notes: Came 3rd in the first C&B tournament, as you should know.
    Strengths; Weapon
    Weaknessess: Hard to turn

MEGA MASHER 2

Body Shape: Minion
    Speed: 12mph
    TC: 0
    GC; 0 at front, 1mm at sides due to skirts.
    Wheels; 4 inner.
    Armour: A nice 3mm of steel
    Power: Similar stuff to what Tornado uses.
    Colour: Red and yellow.
    Weapons; The front is a wedge, and the back has a nasty vertical disc, powered by its own motor and spinning at 2000 rpm. It can probably flip as well as damage. A side Minion style bar comes out from the side.
    Srimech: The aforementioned bar rights the robot, even though it can run inverted.
    Inspiration; This is probably the only robot I have where I have had no inspiration. It just came as a good name.
    Notes: Contary to popular belief, he HATES Orkas guts!
    Strengths: Power, weaponary
    Weaknessess: A little bulky, not as heavy as the body would suggest.

CYCLONE FORCE 2.5

Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape; Storm 2
    Speed; 25mph
    TC; 0
    GC; Side is 0mm due to skirts. Back is 2mm. See set-ups for front GC
    Wheels; 6 inner
    Armour; 7mm Titanium.
    Power; Similar stuff to what Storm 2 uses.
    Colour; A blue-ish grey tone all over.
    Weapons; The robot has 5 set-ups, 2 brand new...
    SET UP 1...A lifter device, similar to Storm 2. In theory, it can lift 190 kilos. The front makes a wedge and results in a 0mm GC. However, the wedge is useless upside down.
    SET-UP 2...A pair of Kan Opener style claws, with about 4 tonnes of pressure at the tip. Front GC for this and Set-up 3 is 1mm.
    SET-UP 3...A Disc-O-Inferno style disc, reaching speeds of up to 3000rpm and with similar damage capability to this dangerous bot (I mean, look what it did to Panic Attack).
    SET-UP 4...Two 30cm long spikes, which, combined with the speed of the robot, can easily penetrate weaker armours (Id say anything 4mm thick or less, minus Steel, is in a bit of trouble).
    SET-UP 5...The most risky approach, A simple bucket scoop, like X-Terminator. The scoop is static, but can get underneath virtually zero ground clearance. Its front is 0mm.
    Srimech; The robot runs inverted, the sides are protected by the skirts and back stranding is impossible. Set-ups 2, 3 and 4 work upside down.
    Inspiration; The original Cyclone was named because it is the name of a storm and it sounds threatening. The force came later, after it became a pusher.
    Notes: For this tournament, Cyclone Force will be working with set-ups 2, 3 and 5.
    Strengths;Raw power
    Weaknessess;Lack of control, Set-ups 1 and 5 do not work upside-down.

DIE-CERATOPS RE-INVERTUS

Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape: Wheely Big Cheese
    Speed; 15mph
    TC; 0
    GC; 0mm at front, 3mm at sides and back.
    Wheels; 2 inner, sticking out only slightly,
    Armour; 8mm titanium
    Colour; Green, with Killer Carrot style wrinkles, mouth and eyes. One of the eyes has a plaster over it, the other is a black eye. A few bandages are painted on this time.
    Weapons: A huge Wheely Big Cheese style flipper, capable of flipping a tonne or so.
    Srimech; As the name suggests, the robot runs inverted. Bars prevent side strandings, and the back is rounded, so stranding THAT way is outta the question. The flipper works upside down.
    Inspiration; Ive always liked Dinosaurs. This is a pun of Triceratops. The Invertus part is pretty obvious.
    Notes: Previously voted Most Under-rated Vapourbot.
    Strengths; The ability to work upside down and still be able to use its weapon, now easier to control.
    Weaknessess: Facing more agile vapourbots.

CRASH BANDI-BOT 3

WEIGHT: 100 kilos
    Body Shape: A box with a wedge at the front and an inverted wedge at the back. About a metre long, point 3 of a metre wide and point 2 of a metre high.
    Speed: 16mph.
    TC: 0.
    GC: 4mm all over except wedge, which meets at 0.
    Wheels: 4 inner.
    Armour: 8mm Titanium.
    Power: 3x 12v batteries, with good old Magmotors.
    Colour: Orange.
    Weapons: The mini wedge sports a nasty flipper. Underneath said flipper is a spike which allows Crash to attack if the flipper misses. Also, the back wedge (see below).
    Srimech: Crash runs inverted, and the sides stick out to prevent side-stranding. When upside down, the wedge at the back allows Crash to continue attacking.
    Inspiration: My old video-game friend, Crash Bandicoot.
    Notes: Says WOAH! whenever you hit his face (painted on his flipper) thanks to a sound-system inside. WOAH!, of course, being Crashs catchphrase.
    Strengths: Very manuverable.
    Weaknesses: Tengu! Crash STILL hasnt forgiven him after the last time they met.

LEPROSY INFECTION

Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape; Tetanus Booster
    Speed; 18mph
    TC; 0
    GC; 2mm, when using the plough, the tip is 0mm.
    Wheels; 4 inner, top sticking out. Wheel flaps are situated either side of the wheel to protect them.
    Armour; 7mm titanium
    Colour; A disgusting shade of lime green.
    Weapons; Actually, Leprosy has two weapons.
    1: A large Shunt-like plough, static and used to push robots out of the way.
    2: A very large, very dangerous vertical drum, capable of reaching speeds of 4000rpm. The teeth on the drum are curved upwards so they can flip as well as damage and very sharp at the tip. There is a reason for this...
    Srimech; The robot is invertable. Bars along the side and back prevent stranding. The wheel flaps, both on top and bottom, are set so the robot can still run inverted without getting stranded. Once upside down, the teeth of the drum gouge out robot parts.
    Inspiration; Named after the disease which causes the skin to flake and fingers and toes to drop off...namely because the robot does something similar. The basic idea came from an episode of The Simpsons.
    Notes: Has lights hidden underneath the armour, making the lime green look even queasier.
    Strengths; Drum, control is pretty good
    Weaknessess; Wheels may be vulnerable to axes

SPRING-BOK!

Body Shape: Firestorm.
    Speed: 12mph
    TC: 0.
    GC: 0 at front, 3mm at sides.
    Wheels: 2 inner.
    Armour: 8mm titanium, covered in 2mm orange fur.
    Power: 3x 12v batteries, powered by a couple of Magmotors.
    Colour: Orange, thanks to the fur.
    Weapons: A launch pad. Heres how it works...basically, the robots drive up the wedge, then the front panel, which is attached to four large car springs, fires outwards. A miniture piston device is attached to the panel to prevent it getting fired off, and also re-sets it. Should that fail, it does have a back-up plan (see notes).
    Srimech: Two arms that extend around the side of the body, a bit like that of Philliper, only bottom hinged rather than top hinged, act as the Srimech.
    Inspiration: Its named after an antelope.
    Notes: This is the re-make of the former comedy yet highly sucessful robot Fluffitor, who won a previous Children In Need special. Has an in-built police siren which it activates if the going gets tough. The idea is that the oppodent will think hes about to be arrested then run off.
    Strengths: Experience, unique weapon.
    Weaknesses: Untested, Flammable, back-up plan probably wont work.

So far I have Martijn, Chris M, and Jamie. Hooray! Thats 3 already.

Oh, and Chris, your stats are in my forum, if anybody needs to check. I do that with everybody so stats dont get lost.

Mememememememe!

Stats when I actually decide what the heck to enter. =P

Register To Comment