Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping robots over seas!!!

This maybe premature but I want to warn all roboteers to get ALL information and charges quoted buy shippers in writing before you ship anything overseas!!!
    We were giving a verbal quote to the procedures and cost anticipated for shipping our bot to the UK and back, unfortunately because of personnel changes at the logistics company and possible oversights on there end we may be liable for customs fees and VAT fees of
    Of over $2100.00 on top of shipping costs that have ended up 30%higher then the verbal quote given to me by the gentleman who no longer works for the company!!!

So beware and get any and all info in writing before you ship it!!!

I will post updates as they happen.

I realize this maybe my own fault for ASSUMING if I hire a professional to take care of a job, they should actually know what they are doing!!!

Murphy is really having fun with us!!!

Matt

Jeez, the fun never stops does it?

quote:

I realize this maybe my own fault for ASSUMING if I hire a professional to take care of a job, they should actually know what they are doing!!!

If that were true I would never have gotten a job.

But all kidding aside, it is good advice, get everything in writing if possible.

(Message edited by leo-rcc on September 06, 2006)

4. I hope your not meaning all Murphys are like that hehe.

6. Guest
    It not the shipping back! its the import VAT and custumes fees your government dosnt care that I ownit and I plan on taking it home. Also I didnt know how to work the system and misreprisent myself to people who care about taxs and my shipper ask for a declared value for insurance purposes and used that as the declared value and the HMRC loves honest Americans and must believe we have lots of disposable income! plus the $ to the pound doesnt help either.....

VAT shocked builder

8. Seems the following should suit your situation.

An Explanation of Duty Relief Procedures
    Section v
    VERSION 11 - JULY 2006 Section (v)
    An Explanation of Duty Relief Procedures
    What are Duty Relief procedures?
    Duty Relief procedures can:
    € provide relief from, or delay payment of, duty and / or VAT
    € allow reduced or nil rates of duty to be applied to goods, if they are permanently or
    temporarily imported under specific conditions and / or imported to a specific
    location.
    € Provide relief from duty and / or VAT for goods temporarily exported from and
    returned to the EU.
    When might they be of use?
    They can be used in the following circumstances:
    € When you import goods temporarily for use, process, or repair within the EU.
    € When you re-import goods which have been used, processed or repaired outside the
    EU.
    € When you return goods to a supplier outside the EU because they are damaged or
    are not to the required specification.
    € When you re-import goods returned by a customer outside the EU because they are
    damaged or are not to the required specification.
    What are the schemes?
    There can be many different reasons why an import is made and there are various
    procedures to fit specific circumstances, these include:
    € Inward Processing Relief (IPR)
    € Outward Processing Relief (OPR)
    € Returned Goods Relief (RGR)
    € Temporary Importation Relief (TI).

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/downloadFile?contentID=HMCE_PROD_008051
    http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...ntID=HMCE_PROD _008051

Additional information .....bit late :sad:
    http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/downloadFile?contentID=HMCE_CL_000382%20http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...HMCE_CL_000382

(Message edited by woody on September 06, 2006)

Register To Comment