Register To Comment
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motors for a featherwight battlebot

Little spinner has run them no problems at all apparently (Lithium Polymer - I dont think anyone should dare to use the ions)

Tanto ran lithium ions at folkestone winter tour final, actually ran better than ive seen her for ages, theres so much crap being said about lithiums there are cells avalible that can power cars let alone heavyweight robots, and all this was said about nicads

About motors, for a power to weight ratio the astroflights are incredible, but so is the price. If you can afford them, go for it, but also make sure you can afford to lose one in a battle. No sense in making a robot with expensive materials, and not being able to afford replacement parts.

About the batteries:

SLA can blow, nicads can blow, Nimh can blow, Lipo and Li-ion are no different. The material gets lighter, the fires more spectaculair, thats all.

yep i hgave just been doing alot of research on these, and you can get some cell balancers for lithium polymers that check each cell and re-balance them evertime before you charge. This can make your batteries just as safe as others. If i ever ran on lithiums, i would deffinatly keep them well packed in foam, and charge out of the robot- but if looked after carefully, they woould be good - and expensive lol.

What is a cheap alternative for good accus in stad of lithium polymers? But also good.

And the same question again: i want to make my robot pritty fast.
    but my robots weels are only 6 cm high...would it go fast enough whit drill motors?

7. Guest
    ewans drill motors can do 1000 rpm on 18v.
    so thats: pi x 9 = 28 - x1000= 28000

28000 x 60 = 1680000 cm p/h so thats 16.8 km/h (if im not wrong) but thats still not verry fast...

is there no other alternative in stad of drill motors (not to expanzive), that make more rpm?

9. Guest
    about 40 euro

each? or all together? Gold motors are good and very reliable.

Register To Comment