Register To Comment
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Proposals from the RFL

2. I agree with Jeroen. Anything to make it easier for new blood to get into the sport is a good thing right?

Well i hate to pee on your chips (love that phrase ) but I was able to fit 2 wipers and 2 SLAs in the original configuration of hornet along with some hardox plate. It all depends on what you do with the weight that counts.

Although I do think that the weight limit should be harmonized in some way. Ideally a compromise should be come to but if we have to 13.6 then up we go!

Ill second Garys point about the wipers etc - infact when we ran an axe in our RRC bot it had three wiper motors and two SLAs (think they were about 1.2kg each) and still was within weight. Ok, so the armour didnt exceed 1.5mm and the axe was crap but still...

In my very first event, i ran two SLAs and 3mm steel armour all round with an active lifter and still only weighed 10kg so its not like 13.6kg will ,make it easier because its already easy. Aslong as some people have money to invest in fancy batteries and motors just the weight will NEVER make it easier for new blood. Thats why Ed hoppit has started the Cadet class, with limitations on components and materials!
    Will more people be changing weight limits if it was 12kg or 13.6kg?

Register To Comment