Register To Comment

Thread: Pneumatics on middle weights

I was thinking of using a compressor on my middle weight bot, would this be ok to do,has anyone used a compressor on a middle weight bot, with a buffer tank? if so how good does it work.

I have a 63 dia ram using it at 10bar...as anyone got the formula (for how to work out the out put force), i used to do it at school but thats a few years ago now

i was thinking of maybe the compressors that blows up the car tyres??, or along those lines.,

so would a smaller diameter ram, but longer stroke be better than a bigger dia with small stroke

thanks
    billy

Tried 2 of those car compressors on a featherweight axe (Blue), still not enough, a 36V one we found did the trick after the motor was replaced by a drill motor but was too heavy for a good featherweight. First little flipper also used one compressor to start but we were always waiting for it to reach pressure before we could flip, so in a middleweight 1 or 2 would be out of the question (8?). In a feather its still a good starting point and also good for testing without the need for CO2.

Our middle wont be finshed for a while but would be good for another to be out there as well.

Little Hitter uses an 80mm bore ram with 50mm stroke, and even though its only an axe its quite capable of throwing itself out of the arena at 10 bar .

thanks guys, i feal a feather weight is just to small, maybe a light weight

thanks for your advice i think i will change to feather weight, as you say they seem to be alot.but if everyone just constructed the same weight bots they wouldnt be any other weights.

ta
    billy

Register To Comment