Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bring me up to speed on robotic combat please.

Hi Gary, sorry its not TI. I dont have a tig so I cant weld Ti...It s actually simillar to Hardox(a brand name thing)called AR400(Abrasion Risistant)plate. They make dump truck beds out of it here in the states. The only Ti on SS is the axles!
    You rebuilding Typhoon for a real rematch?

mc blue, Thanks,
    There are a few open wheeled bots here, I have a few resons for open wheeled design,
    1 manuverability
    2 3 to 4 of cushion and I can loose 4 of them before I start to worry!
    and I just like the RED tires!!!! ;^)

Also with the spinners we got yould have to alocate way to much weight to armuor.
    Plus if I do my job the other guy is only going to see the front of my bot....;^) ...I hope!!!!!

Matt

http://www.teamplumbcrazy.comwww.teamplumbcrazy.com

The red wheels look awesome I have to say Matt

Garys not doing any bot stuff with the RAF team at the moment beacause theyve moved onto other things, so Typhoon is a no-go atm (and has been since robogames) so Ive heard. I believe Gary should have his hardox clad Etek spinner ready for the UK Champs which you should have a play with

Any one have pictures of this Hardox spinner thingy!!!

Are team motto(in response to a spinner guy over her who likes to say Spin To Win) We say
    Spinners make better Targets!!!
    and if we get taken out early we are ALWAYS up for grudge matches and we LOVE melees with the more bots the better!

As of right now, we are coming over to play!

got the time off work, someone to doggy sit, waiting for for shipping quotes.......
    now I just have to survive RoboGames!!!

Matt

Matt, cool, I always thought it was Ti, o well!

As Ewan said, I have since left cadets. Typhoon 2 was not rebuilt after the Robogames as we felt there was too much work involved for a robot that was too dangerous to play with in the majority of arenas.

That there is one of the latest pics of swarm. I basically took my featherweight design and scaled it up for a heavyweight. Just for your info Matt, the disc with weighs in at around 35Kg, spun by the Etek to 1500rpm and has a dia of 70cm. I really hope we get to meet in the arena at some point!

Where are the hardox skirts Gary?

Whats it with these vapourbot people and their skirts

Not sure about it having a skirt, to girly. Show it has real b*lls and put a kilt on it?

Register To Comment