Register To Comment
Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: >>> 23rd-27th August / The RR UK Championships 2

UK Championships 2006

We can now confirm that the 2006 UK Championships will be held over the last Bank Holiday in August, and with robots from all over the world interested in attending, this should become the biggest Championship ever staged outside of Robot Wars itself.

With a new upgraded Roaming Robots Class 2 arena, the Heavy Weight spinners will at last be let out of the toy box, and show us what we€™ve been missing out on.

We currently have a choice of two venues, however we have not decided which one to opt for as yet, however rest assured when we make the decision you will be the first to know.

Accommodation will be camping, and we will be providing pitches for attending teams.
    There has already been a lot of interested from general public in attending the whole 5 days, and of course to accommodate this, there will be general public camping facilities available.

We will be running two major Competitions, Heavy Weights, and Feather Weights.
    The main competitions will cater for 48 Heavy Weights, and 36 Feather Weights.
    In addition to this we will also be running an Annihilator, Tag Team, and International Competition along side.

The format will be as follows:

Wednesday 23rd August - Heats A-D
    Thursday 24th August - Heats E-H
    Friday 25th August - Heats I-L
    Saturday 26th August - Semi Finals & Other competitions first round.
    Sunday 27th August - Finals Day ( All Competitions )
    Sunday 27th August ( Evening ) - Party Night

During the Heavy Weight competition heats, each robot will fight 3 times in a league system. The winner of the league at the end of the day will go through to the finals which will be a series of knock out fights.
    The Feather Weight competition will be a series of melees with the winners going through to the finals.
    Where ever possible, teams with robots in both weight class heats will fight with both robots on the same day.

Applications will be at Roaming Robots discretion, all participants must be members of both Roaming Robots, and the FRA, and sign ups will be via the Roaming Robots website, however you CANNOT sign up just yet.

We will be having seeds, taken direct from the 2005 Winter Tour UK Championship Results. You will however notice 1 wildcard seed€¦ Scorpion. Will it live up to its reputation ???

Heavy Weights (12)
    1) Kronic
    2) Terrorhurtz
    3) Behemoth
    4) Beast
    5) TAN
    6) Merlin
    7) Big Nipper
    Storm 2
    9) Tanto
    10) Taurus
    11) Ripper
    12) Scorpion

Feather Weights (9)
    1) Stiff Breeze
    2) Scorpion Evilution
    3) Little Spinner 2
    4) Alpha - MX
    5) Pillow Torque
    6) Batterbot
    7) DB5
    Surprise
    9) Rip

Please note: Any seeded robot which does not apply will be replaced.

More info and updates to follow shortly in this exciting time for Roaming Robots.

Regards

John
    http://www.RoamingRobots.co.ukwww.RoamingRobots.co.uk
    The Home of Robotic Entertainment.

I copied this information to the DRG forum Jonno.

Thanks Leo

RGDS
    John

Roboteer

I guess weve got to enter then :-)
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Oh wow...Im there!

Im Only Bloody Seeded!!!!!

I love you Jonno

Ok best get my FRA membership