Register To Comment
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: >>> 23rd-27th August / The RR UK Championships 2

2. Oh yes, just crossed my mind, what are you going to be doing for the arena floor this time round?

4. A weight advantage of 13.3% is noticable in any weightclass. For my heavy it could mean 3 bottles of gas more.

Called UK Champs, could turn to some kind of World champs...

Erik, far as I know any international team is very welcome, even encouraged

Guys

Answers to your questions.

Arena floor

The arena floor will still be painted MDF, however as we will have several days building the new class 2 arena at the venue, rather than our normal 5 hours, we will have more time to ensure the arena floor is as flat as possible.
    Rest assured it will be a brand new floor for the UK champs, and we will have plenty of spare sheets on hand to replace damaged ones.

Attendance

The event is on for 5 days, however I€™m sure a lot of people will want to stay for the whole duration.
    However, you will only be required to come for 1 day for the 1st round, where you will run in your heat fights. If you progress through the championship rounds then you need to stay for Saturday ( semi finals ) and then Sunday ( finals ), but then don€™t forget the big celebration party planned for the Sunday night, leaving Bank holiday Monday for Arena de-rigging, and roboteers returning home.

Rules and Weights

We will be running the current UK rules, and weight classes, which means Heavyweights will be 100kg, and Feather weights will be 12kg.
    All robots will be weighed in their heaviest configuration and photographed on entry to the pits.

International Entrants

While the event will be the Premier UK event for 2006, and will be billed as the UK Championships€¦ we already have a lot of interest from teams all over the world to take part. America, Sweden, Italy, China, are just 4 to mention. Not forgetting our cousins across the pond in Holland, Germany and Belgium.
    Everyone is very welcome to apply, and attend the event, and it would be great to see you all.
    You can€™t sign up for the event just yet, however Andy Kane is currently acting as our foreign liaison, and talking to foreign teams regarding any specific questions or problems. He can be contacted via info@fightingrobots.co.uk

Failing that I am available to answer any questions.

Regards

John
    http://www.RoamingRobots.co.ukwww.RoamingRobots.co.uk

Ive just realised its the same weekend as the Leeds festival. Dammit, might not be there after all :sad:

Register To Comment