Register To Comment
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Tournament

Hey, everybody, time for another tournament. All right, Ill cut right to the chase...

RULES

1. I need 8 people to enter 8 robots, and AT LEAST one must be a realie. If someone has already entered a real robot, you cannot pick that one.

2. If you wish, you can reserve a space, but it will be held only for two weeks, and then it will become open again: in other words, stats must come in two weeks; however, you can still enter if there are enough spaces left.

3. The basic rules are like the rules in Robot Wars.

4. Here is info required for Vapourbots (I am using the VFT vapourbot sheet for this one, but there are some changes):

Vapourboteer Name:
    Team Name:
    Robot Name:
    Weight: (wheeled robots have max weight of 100kg, 125kg for shufflers, and 150kg for walkers)
    Dimensions: (LxWxH)
    Locomotion: (motors, batteries, wheels, etc.)
    Shape: (what is it shaped like)
    Max Speed:
    Ground Clearance: (too many problems have occurred here. REMEMBER, IF YOUR VAPOURBOT HAS A GROUND CLEARANCE OF ZERO, IT WONT MOVE. Make it realistic, please)
    Armour: (what materials cover the robot)
    Weaponry: (you can have a robot with interchangeable weaponry, but you must specify what they are, and how they are powered. You can also have more than one weapon at once, but the limit for weapons is 3. Rammers are allowed)
    Srimech: (does it run invertibly, or does it have a mechanism that rights the vapourbot)
    Strengths: (at least one)
    Weaknesses: (at least one)

5. Clusterbots are allowed, but the limit is 4 pieces each. The weight total must add up to 100kg if they are wheeled, 125kg if they are shufflers, or 150kg if they are walkers. The clusterbot will be immobilized if two or more parts of the entire vapourbot are immobilized.

6. There will be 8 heats, with 8 robots. I am starting off slow, but in later tournaments the number of people who can enter may increase...in case my tournament gains popularity . Each heat has 4 Round 1 fights, 2 Round 2 fights, and a Heat Final, from which a single bot will go through.

7. There will be the regular house robots here. Again, I am starting off slow.

8. Have fun. There should be no fighting between the vapourboteers here...unless its out of the arena.

9. NO STUPID VAPOURBOTS. Ones that seem unrealistic will not be accepted.

And there you have it. That is my tournament. I repeat: I need 8 people to enter. Thank you.

swiss_tony
    The Great Cornholio
    Shovearound 2
    Aquarius
    Bloody Tears 2
    Vampire Killer
    Terror Gear 3
    Heart of Fire
    Spawn Again [S7]
    http://farr.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=Hitmenhttp://farr.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=Hitmen

Okay, your stats are in order, Tony.

Tengu
    Slammer
    Salamander
    Dante
    Kali
    Archangel of the Abyss
    Slaying Mantis

and Terrorhurtz

stats are on http://www.alexjholt.tkwww.alexjholt.tk

If anything needs adding in, tell me. And my real robot is Bulldog Breed (from War 7).

ORKA MK4

Weight: 100 kilos
    Body Shape: Behemoth
    Speed: Some 15mph
    TC: 0
    GC: 2mm, 0mm at front.
    Wheels; 6 inner
    Armour; 7mm titanium
    Power; 3x 12v batteries, powered by a couple of Magmotors
    Colour; Black with white patches
    Weapons; A Behemoth like bucket scoop, made from titanium, and quite capable of lifting 300 kilos. It has a claw like device to grab an oppodent, like the claw on Mantis. The scoop is pnumatically powered, and has about 45 odd flips.
    Srimech: It has a dorsal fin on top used for self-righting
    Inspiration; Ive always liked Orcas. Adding the K made it sound more dangerous.
    Strengths; Weapon
    Weaknessess: Hard to turn

BIO
    Every big team needs some big star to bring in the crowds. My big name is Orka MK4, representing Team Dinowarrior in all its glory.
    No one is faster, smarter or more agile than Orka Mk4. When charging, other robots need to get out of his way. He can flip just about ANYTHING that doesnt take the warning, or simply grab hold of them. Hes ready for battle! Are you?

DIE-CERATOPS RE-INVERTUS

Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape: Wheely Big Cheese
    Speed; 15mph
    TC; 0
    GC; 0mm at front, 3mm at sides and back.
    Wheels; 2 inner, sticking out only slightly,
    Armour; 8mm titanium
    Colour; Green, with Killer Carrot style wrinkles, mouth and eyes. One of the eyes has a plaster over it, the other is a black eye. A few bandages are painted on this time.
    Weapons: A huge Wheely Big Cheese style flipper, capable of flipping a tonne or so.
    Srimech; As the name suggests, the robot runs inverted. Bars prevent side strandings, and the back is rounded, so stranding THAT way is outta the question. The flipper works upside down.
    Inspiration; Ive always liked Dinosaurs. This is a pun of Triceratops. The Invertus part is pretty obvious.
    Strengths; The ability to work upside down and still be able to use its weapon, now easier to control.
    Weaknessess: Tengu VI

BIO
    Orkas cute-on-one-side-pure-hell-on-tuther friend, Die-Ceratops is equally as powerful and as nippy as his buddy. In the arena, he can get to oppodents/victims in record time. Then, once his flipper is underneath them, they can kiss the ground good-bye. Of course, hes teamed with me, and I can be rather protective over him...

LEPROSY INFECTION

Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape; Tetanus Booster
    Speed; 18mph
    TC; 0
    GC; 2mm
    Wheels; 4 inner, top sticking out. Wheel flaps are situated either side of the wheel to protect them.
    Armour; 7mm titanium
    Colour; A disgusting shade of lime green.
    Weapons; A very large, very dangerous vertical drum, capable of reaching speeds of 4000rpm. The teeth on the drum are curved upwards so they can flip as well as damage and very sharp at the tip. There is a reason for this...
    Srimech; The robot is invertable. Bars along the side and back prevent stranding. The wheel flaps, both on top and bottom, are set so the robot can still run inverted without getting stranded. Once upside down, the teeth of the drum gouge out robot parts.
    Inspiration; Named after the disease which causes the skin to flake and fingers and toes to drop off...namely because the robot does something similar. The basic idea came from an episode of The Simpsons.
    Strengths; Drum, control is pretty good
    Weaknessess; Wheels may be vulnerable to axes

BIO
    When youve got sharp teeth, sickeningly bright green paint and a name of a skin disease, battle invitations are pretty remote. So, hes loving life in the Robot Wars arena where he can make others sick. Leprosy Infections drum is killer! And when hes upside down, those teeth start gouging out his prey. Grrr...

MEGA MASHER 2

Body Shape: Minion
    Speed: 12mph
    GC; 0 at front, 1mm at sides due to skirts.
    Wheels; 4 inner.
    Armour: A nice 3mm of steel
    Power: Similar stuff to what Tornado uses.
    Colour: Red and yellow.
    Weapons; The front is a wedge, and the back has a nasty vertical disc, powered by its own motor and spinning at 2000 rpm. It can probably flip as well as damage. A side Minion style bar comes out from the side.
    Srimech: The aforementioned bar rights the robot, even though it can run inverted.
    Inspiration; This is probably the only robot I have where I have had no inspiration. It just came as a good name.
    Strengths: Power, weaponary
    Weaknessess: A little bulky, not as heavy as the body would suggest.

BIO
    Mega Masher is still hell bent on robot destruction. Whether you think of him as the baddest, most brutal robot ever or just a power crazed crazy thing - just dont tell him when his disc is spinning at full throttle! His wedge is also dangerous; being one of the lowest out there. Dont trust this robot to lose as far as you can throw him! Even better, dont try to throw him at all; hes based around Battlebot champion Minion, and way too bulky for flipping.

Y4

Weight: 99 kilos
    Body Shape: T-Minus
    Speed: 16mph
    GC: 2mm, but the flipper blade reaches 0.
    Wheels: 2 semi outer (that means theyre protected)
    Armour: 5mm titanium
    Power: The usual 3x 12v batteries and couple Magmotors for power.
    Colour: Grey
    Weapons: An extremely powerful flipper (Try 300 kilos+). Can perform about 30 or so flips before it starts weakening.
    Srimech: The flipper acts as srimech. It can also be used as gymnastics. A light flip will knock the robot back over, but pressing hard on the button will send the robot into a 540 degree spin before landing, or a Matador style bound in mid air. All prperly controlled, of course.
    Inspiration: A quote from a cartoon. Taz-mania, I believe.
    Strengths: Powerful flipper, very entertaining.
    Weaknessess: Semi exposed wheels.

BIO
    Even the simplest of names create a savage effect. This flipper flapper is back under my arms, and ready to make his own mark on the world. Like Mega Masher, he is based on a Battlebot champion, this time T-Minus, and thus is a master at powerful flips.

AXE-O-LOTL

Body Shape: Comengetorix
    Speed: 20mph
    GC: 2mm
    Wheels: 4 inner
    Armour: Mainly aluminium (5mm) with 3mm Titanium top plates.
    Power: Same stuff as Storm 2 and Cyclone Force uses.
    Colour: Has interchangable panels. One set is pure black, the other pure white with pink tinges.
    Weapons: A very nasty axe, with the power of Dominator 2. The head is diamond tipped, and the whole weapon is VERY persistant. It can fire about 40 times in one fight.
    Srimech: The axe rights the robot. The robots body is designed so it cant be side stranded.
    Inspiration: My favourite amphibian, the axolotl.
    Strengths: Powerful weaponary
    Weaknessess: Questionable armour.

BIO
    Axe-O-Lotl likes a bit of Mexican chilli powder with his lubricating oil. After a break in Mexico, Axe-O-Lotl has returned to join the mightiest of the mighty on Team Dinowarrior. His powerful/persistant axe is brutal, and he has just as much power as Cyclone Force.

OBLITERATION

Body Shape: Revolutionist
    Speed: 5mph
    GC: 5mm all the way round. It has to be.
    Wheels: 8 inner (4 on top, 4 below)
    Armour: 7mm titanium
    Power: It drives on 3x 12v batteries plus a couple of Magmotors. For the weaponary, the power matches Phrizbee.
    Colour: Dark blue with tinges of black and brown.
    Weapons: This robot is a full body spinner. The teeth are increibally sharp. It spins at about 500 rpm, and does damage similar to Phrizbee.
    Srimech: Unusual for a FBS, this robot runs inverted.
    Inspiration: It sounded cool. It also sounds like a ride at an amusment park, if you ask me.
    Strengths: Body! Need I say more?
    Weaknessess: Rather slow, First timer

BIO
    Obliteration has the disposition of a train wreck many times over. Though he prefers to take his time around the arena, his super powerful spinning body delivers a nasty blow. Obliteration is a first stringer, and considers himself A closer - And he doesnt like having his photo taken for some reason! Watch out for this guy - hes no sweet pleasent ride let me tell you!

Tim, youre supposed to enter eight robots, as Chris said above. So chuck one.

TEAM BRAVEHEART

1. Wedge Devolution
    2. Killotine: EVO
    3. Metal Sonic Spin Dash
    4. Whirligig 4.0
    5. Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    6. All Scoop and No Stab Make Steve A Dull Boy!
    7. Toby the T-Ram Engine
    8. Tails

Stats here (http://fvagroup.proboards39.com/index.cgi?board=bravehearthttp://fvagroup.proboards39.com/inde...ard=braveheart) and here (http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/discus/messages/760/4937.html?1131021%20472http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/disc...7.html?1131021 %20472)

Register To Comment