Register To Comment
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 and Other Motorsport 2006

Hi folks. I hope youve all had a very Happy Christmas. Anyway, as I promised, the F1 2006 thread is open before the year is out however now other motorsports such as A1GP, GP2, World Rally Championship, MotoGP and other motorracing series will be allowed in this topic.

Ill be providing results and championship coverage mainly on F1, GP2 and the World Rally Championship. Here are the driver line-ups for F1 and the World Rally Championship.

F1 2006 Driver Line-ups (Super Aguri have yet to confirm their drivers but I have put in their possible line-up)
    Renault: Fernando Alonso & Giancarlo Fisichella
    McLaren Mercedes: Kimi Raikkonen & Juan Pablo Montoya
    Ferrari: Michael Schumacher & Felipe Massa
    Toyota: Ralf Schumacher & Jarno Trulli
    Williams BMW: Mark Webber & Nico Rosberg
    BAR Honda: Jenson Button & Rubens Barrichello
    Red Bull: David Coulthard & Christian Klien
    BMW: Nick Heidfeld & Jacques Villeneuve
    Midland: Tiago Monteiro & Christijan Albers
    Scuderia Toro Rosso: Vitantonio Liuzzi & Scott Speed
    Super Aguri: ?Takuma Sato? & ?Kosukke Matsuura?

WRC 2006 Driver Line-ups (Citroen, Peugeot, Skoda and Mitsubishi have withdrawn their works support however new rules state privateers can compete for the manufacturers title and works teams can run a 2nd outfit if they wish)
    Kronos (Citroen): Sebastien Loeb & Xavier Pons
    BP Ford: Marcus Gronholm & Mikko Hirvonen
    Subaru: Petter Solberg & Chris Atkinson/Stephane Sarrazin (Atkinson will run the gravel rounds with Sarrazin running on asphalt)
    OMV Norway (Peugeot): Manfred Stohl & Henning Solberg (Stohl will participate in every round while Solberg will skip Germany, France, Spain and Japan)
    Stobart VK M-Sport (Ford): Matthew Wilson & ?Peter Tsjoen/Kosta Katajamaki/Luis Perez Companc/Jari Matti Latvala?
    Red Bull (Skoda): Andreas Aigers & Gilles Panizzi/Mattias Ekstrom (Panizzi & Ekstrom are each expected to participate the 1st 2 rounds respectively with no regular no.2 confirmed yet)

Calendars (The 2006 World Cup and Commonwealth Games sees the order for most motorsport calendars rejigged to avoid clashing)

F1 2006
    March 12 Bahrain
    March 19 Malaysia
    April 02 Australia
    April 23 San Marino
    May 07 Europe
    May 14 Spain
    May 28 Monaco
    June 11 Great Britain
    June 25 Canada
    July 02 United States
    July 16 France
    July 30 Germany
    August 06 Hungary
    August 27 Turkey
    September 10 Italy
    September 17 Belgium
    October 01 China
    October 08 Japan
    October 22 Brazil

WRC 2006
    January 22 Monte Carlo
    February 5 Sweden
    March 5 Mexico
    March 26 Spain
    April 9 France
    April 30 Argentina
    May 21 Italy
    June 4 Greece
    August 13 Germany
    August 20 Finland
    September 3 Japan
    September 24 Cyprus
    October 15 Turkey
    October 29 Australia (Last run in the WRC)
    November 12 New Zealand
    December 3 Wales Rally GB (I hope to be there, fingers crossed)

GP2 driver line-up will be brought up later but the calendar will follow the European season of the F1 championship and like this year, is likely to end with a stand-alone in Bahrain.

If anyone wishes to cover any other event, then do as you wish. Have a Happy New Year, folks.

Hows the Honda car development?

Hi guys, well Autosport International 2006 was a blast . I was going on Sunday and after a rowdy stag night the night before, I was feeling off colour till we got there before 9am. We collected our paddock passes and toured the show. My mates went to the 10:30 show, unfortunately I couldnt go in till 13:30 so I took the time to spend buying DVD reviews of the 2003 World Rally Championship and 2005 British Rally Championship, 2 books of Jim Bambers The Pits 9 & The Pits 13 & a cartoon print with my name in it drawn by Jim Bamber. After touring the F1 grid, I got lunch and headed for the Live Action Arena where I saw tributes to British rally greats, co-driver Michael Park & 2001 WRC champ Richard Burns, Terry Grant doing 10 donuts in under 16 seconds, races between the 2005 Autosport Young Drivers, British Rallycross competitors and Scuderia Ecosses 2 driver teams. After browsing through the paddock claiming 1 autograph (more on that in a moment) and through the careers in motorsport section trying to think my life beyond college, we left at 15:45. The autographs I claimed through the day were (in no particular order):

Models Lucy Pinder & Michelle Marsh
    Red Bull F1 driver Christian Klien (he jokingly suggesting giving his autograph on the pic of Lucy & Michelle, cheeky Austrian )
    BTCC 2005 champ Matt Neal (He didnt sound confident when I asked his hopes for 2006 . Good luck anyway, Matt)
    VXR Racings latest BTCC signing Tom Chilton
    BTCC driver Luke Hines
    Pickup truck racing driver Kelly Jayne Wells (she was the only one in the paddock willing to give an autograph)
    Autosport cartoonist Jim Bamber

Fantastic show it was & I hope to be there next year. Either that or Wales Rally GB this year. Anyone else go to the show?

Register To Comment