Register To Comment
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 and Other Motorsport 2006

well see, im going to Brunel Uni next year studying to design the things for the next 5 years!

i reckon honda gets second. BUT, i have a feeling that they wont get on the podium at all.

I was told today that im well within the top 1% of under19s in education for engineering design/engineering mathmatics so i should be ok. i also will get the 20grand tuition fees payed for by the uni if i keep up my 100% grades for the rest of the year.

Well, theres only 1 week to the F1 season-opener in Bahrain & it should be a corker. Elsewhere Sebastien Loeb tasted his 1st WRC win of the year in Mexico & HALLELUYAH, Petter Solberg is back!! Although a lot of the drivers werent happy because of animals straying into the roads.

Rally Mexico Top 8
    1: Sebastien Loeb/Daniel Elena (Kronos Citroen) 3h47m8.8s (1st win and consistency move Seb to the top of the drivers table)
    2: Petter Solberg/Phil Mills (Subaru) +48.9s (1st points of the year for Petter)
    3: Manfred Stohl/Ilka Minor (OMV Peugeot) +4m39.1s (Came to grief with some cows on day 2 but won the superspecial twice to clinch final podium place)
    4: Dani Sordo/Marc Marti (Kronos Citroen) +5m27.7s (Sainzs protege shows good speed and consistency to take 4th)
    5: Henning Solberg/Cato Menkerud (OMV Peugeot) +12m35.4s (Henning shows a good run despite brake problems)
    6: Gareth MacHale/Paul Nagle (Ford) +16m2.3s (Son of British Rally championship competitor Austin MacHale on his 2nd ever WRC outing)
    7: Chris Atkinson/Glenn Macneall (Subaru) +20m39.5s (Recovers from Day 1 roll to finish 7th)
    8: Marcus Gronholm/Timo Rautainen (Ford) +21m44.2s (Like Atkinson, recovers from Day 1 roll)

Best Brit
    17: Matt Wilson/Michael Orr (VK Stobart Ford) +39m48.7s (Showed well on Day 1 ending 6th but an off on Day 2 costs Matthew his 1st WRC drivers points)

Retirements
    1: Fumio Nutahara/Daniel Barritt (Mitsubishi) (Excluded after service park infringement)
    2: Sebastien Beltran/Edgardo Galindo (Mitsubishi) (Withdrawn because of engine problems)
    3: Xavier Pons/Carlos del Barrio (Kronos Citroen) (Rare engine problems end rally for Pons)
    4: Gabriel Pozzo/Daniel Stillo (Mitsubishi) (Engine failure ends rally)

WRC Drivers Championship (Round 3/16)
    1: Loeb (26)
    2: Gronholm (21)
    3: Stohl (11)
    4: P.Solberg (
    5=: Gardemeister, Carlsson, Sordo & Atkinson (6)
    9=: Galli & H.Solberg (5)
    11=: Radstrom & Sarrazin (4)
    13=: Katajamaki & MacHale (3)
    15=: Hirvonen & Pons (2)

WRC Manufacturers Championship (Round 3/16)
    1: Kronos Citroen (34)
    2: Ford (30)
    3: OMV Peugeot (21)
    4: Subaru (20)
    5: VK Stobart Ford (9)
    6: Red Bull Skoda (3)

Production Cup (Round 2/7)
    1: Nasser Al Attiyah (14)
    2=: Fumio Nutahara & Toshi Arai (10)
    4: David Higgins (
    5: Mirco Baldacci (6)
    6=: Leszek Kuzaj & Stefano Marrini (5)
    8=: Jari Matti Latvala & Sergey Uspenskiy (4)
    10: Marcos Ligato (3)
    11: Stepan Vojtech (2)
    12: Francisco Name (1)

This weekend sees the F1 curtain-raiser in Bahrain.

Qualifying: Saturday 10:30am
    Race LIVE: Sunday 10:30am

Theres questions to be asked. Can Alonso retain his crown? Is 2006 the last we see of Michael Scumacher in F1 and in a grand prix car? Can Jenson Button win his 1st grand prix? How good will rookies Nico Rosberg, Scott Speed & Yuji Ide be? All that this weekend on ITV1.

Register To Comment