Register To Comment
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Noise - Series 1

For several months by now, I have been thinking of starting my own vapourbot tournament. A tournament that might grow out to join the ranks of tournaments like PTT or VFT. But despite my huge enthusiasm, there was one thing holding me back. It was the fact that I had to write long and entertaining battles to make my tournament a success, and even worse, those battles had to be written in English. As some of you might (and should :P) know, I€™m 100 % Dutch, and unlike most of you, I had to gain all my knowledge of the English language through school and television. This small handicap is what me hold back in creating this tournament.

Not any longer!

For I, Martijn Benschop, have decided to introduce to you:

+2>Mechanical Noise - Series 1

Entrants

-I€™m looking for 8 people to enter 6 heavyweights each. These robots can be either vapour or real, but I personally prefer writing vapours.
    -The weight limits are:
    100 kg for (omni)wheeled robots
    110kg for tracked robots and shufflers
    150 kg for true walkers
    -Flying robots are banned
    -You can explain your stats in any way you want, but there are some things I really want to know about your bot (either very detailed or roughly estimated), these are:
    Weight
    Shape
    Ground Clearance
    Dimensions
    Speed
    Movement type
    Armour
    Weaponry
    Motor (or at least a rough estimation of the traction)
    Srimech
    Strengths and weaknesses
    Any more details are more than welcome
    -I want you to be able of doing a rough stating of your real bot(s) as well, since I really don€™t know every single realie that ever existed
    -Clusterbots are allowed, with the rule that no part is allowed to weigh less than 12.5% of the entire weight of the robot, also if 50% of the entire weight is counted out, the whole bot is counted out
    -Passive weaponry is fine with me
    -Robots with interchangeable weapons can€™t have more than 5 different set ups (a vertical and a horizontal mounted disc count as two different set ups) every set up you might use must be in your stats. If it isn€™t in your stats, you can€™t use it. I also want to know what the standard set up will be. This will be used if waiting for you to post your set up for a specific battle takes too long.
    -For everything I did not mention: basic FRA-rules apply
    -And of course, DO keep your designs realistic people

Tournament set up

The 48 robots will be divided over 8 heats, with 6 robots in each heat. The heats will look like this:
    Round 1 - 2x 3-way melees, 2 robots will go through from each
    Round 2 - 2x 1-on-1 battles, the winners will go through
    Heat Final - 1x 1-on-1 battle, the winner will proceed to the semi-finals

There will be 2 semi-finals, they will look like this:
    2x 1-on-1 battles, the winners will go through to the grand final

Between the semi-finals and the grand final there will be an annihilator event. This will be a 4-way annihilator and will contain the losing semi-finalists. This annihilator is mainly to decide who will take the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th place, which will be important for the seeding if there will ever be a series 2

And finally, there will be the grand final!
    2x 1-on-1 battles, the winner will proceed, the loser will enter the play off
    Play Off - 1x 1-on-1 battle, the winner takes 3th place
    Final - 1x 1-on1 battle, the winner takes it all

The battles

-If one of the robots does not move for 30 seconds (robots that are OOTA will not be allowed to move and will automatically be counted out, same goes for pitted robots), while the other does still move during that period of time, it will be counted out, and lose the battle
    -If both of the robots are immobilised at the same time and do not move for 30 seconds, and one of them would still be capable of moving if it would be in a different position (e.g. it€™s on it€™s back, against the arena wall or pitted) and the other can€™t move at all, the last will lose.
    -If the battle itself won€™t give us a winner, it goes to the judges, they will give:
    A score for caused damage; (a mark out of 10)+4
    A score for shown aggression; (a mark out of 10)+3
    A score for control of the fight; (a mark out of 10)+2
    A score for shown style; (a mark out of 10)+1

The scores will be added up and the robot with the highest score wins, a rematch will be held if a draw occurs.

The arena

The arena is as simple as can be. Let€™s face it, when you look at the weapons some vapourbots have nowadays, there€™s no real need for arena discs and house robots. The arena is 20x20 meters tall, and is surrounded by walls for the occasional OOTA. In one corner there is an orange square; in the opposite corner is a yellow square. These will be the starting positions of the robots. The other two corners contain the pit and the green pit release button. As for the material of the arena, it€™s just very very very strong and not magnetic
    Here is a pic of the arena, please not that the pit€™s normally closed: http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/madbull/arenaa.gifhttp://jupiter.walagata.com/w/madbull/arenaa.gif

That€™s it people, bring on your entries!

A new major! Huzzah!

TEAM BRAVEHEART
    1) Wedge Devolution
    2) Killotine: EVO
    3) S.D. IV
    4) Whirligig 4.0
    5) Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    6) Tails

Stats can be found here (http://fvagroup.proboards39.com/index.cgi?board=bravehearthttp://fvagroup.proboards39.com/inde...ard=braveheart) and pics of my competitors can now be found on my FRA profile.

Best o luck, Mr Benschop :wink:

Lots o thanks, Mr McGregor

1 place filled, 7 to go

swiss_tony
    1: Novastorm 2
    2: Bloody Tears 2
    3: SUNCUST
    4: Judo Chop!
    5: Shovearound 2
    6: Cyberdemon

http://farr.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=Hitmenhttp://farr.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=Hitmen
    Good to see another new Major while NSIREC is on temporary hold due to the fact I can only be on this crappy mac for so long. THis looks like itll run smoothley, good luck Martjin.

Entries so far:

Entrant #1- Steven
    1- Wedge Devolution
    2- Killotine: EVO
    3- S.D. IV
    4- Whirligig 4.0
    5- Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    6- Tails
    Entrant #2- Anthony
    7- Novastorm 2
    8- Bloody Tears 2
    9- SUNCUST
    10- Judo Chop!
    11- Shovearound 2
    12- Cyberdemon
    Entrant #3- Chris M
    13- Orka MK4
    14- Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus
    15- Leprosy Infection
    16- Mega Masher 2
    17- Axe-O-Lotl
    18- Obliteration
    Entrant #4- [unknown]
    19- [unknown]
    20- [unknown]
    21- [unknown]
    22- [unknown]
    23- [unknown]
    24- [unknown]
    Entrant #5- [unknown]
    25- [unknown]
    26- [unknown]
    27- [unknown]
    28- [unknown]
    29- [unknown]
    30- [unknown]
    Entrant #6- [unknown]
    31- [unknown]
    32- [unknown]
    33- [unknown]
    34- [unknown]
    35- [unknown]
    36- [unknown]
    Entrant #7- [unknown]
    37- [unknown]
    38- [unknown]
    39- [unknown]
    40- [unknown]
    41- [unknown]
    42- [unknown]
    Entrant #8- [unknown]
    43- [unknown]
    44- [unknown]
    45- [unknown]
    46- [unknown]
    47- [unknown]
    48- [unknown]

5 spots left

This tournament fills me with excitement people, all those awesome vapours under my control

on a small sidenote, I havent carefully checked all the entries yet, so dont be surprised if I have some questions about your stats later on

Register To Comment