Register To Comment
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Noise - Series 1

I was going to ask about that, however, covering it for me....

wedge
    shield
    vertical disc
    horizontal claw
    vertical claw

thank you Chris Cooper and Alex Holt, now all I need is Martyns stats and I can get the draw up

also, I have a small question about Anthonys robot, Judo Chop!, your stat say nothing about a srimech nor about invertible-ness, so what happens when its flipped?

Name-Forklift 2
    SHAPE- Low box with rear anti self flipping wedge
    COLOUR- Yellowy orange
    WEIGHT- 100kg
    SPEED- 18mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0m
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at front due to flipper, 0mm at sides due to skirts 7mm with out, 0mm at rear due to wedge. The skirts are held down by torsion springs
    ARMOUR- 3mm hardox
    WHEELS- has 6 inner storm 2 style wheels
    POWER- 2 x S28 Magmotors on 24v.
    WEAPONS- it now uses a flipping arm that works much like the matadors or Toro€™s the flipper is powered by co2 on a 120mm pneumatic ram, working at 145psi, the flipper front is pretty unique as its front is like that of a fork lift (it has 2 flat bits of metal) this is welded onto the flipper, the arm can toss robots very high and if possible out of the arena. The prongs of the forklift weapon are used to get under the corners or gaps of skirts
    SRIMECH- the flipper self rights the robot but because of the rear wedge thing it self rights like firestorm does i.e. the front wheels will go down first
    NOTES- this is a modified version of my robot from the panic attack forum.
    STRENGTHS- Power full weapon
    WEAKNESSES- limited co2

Name: Disco 5
    Shape: Low Wedge with small rear wedge
    Motivation: it now uses four storm 2 style Vulcalon wheels
    Speed: 12.5 Mph
    Weight: 100kg
    Height: 300mm to top of body, 600mm to the top of the disc
    Length: 1300mm
    Width: 600mm
    Weapon: 500mm Vert. flywheel @ 3000rpm. Has a 4.00 second spin up time due to the C40-500 Magmotor on 36v with a 2:1 twin tension cog belt reduction. The flywheel produces 31.5Kj€™s at maximum RPM but is lethal at around 1 second. The second weapon is also the srimech, this weapon is a low pressure pneumatic flipper running on 10Bar (145psi) running into a single 80mm bore ram. This produces 509kg at the ram and is then transferred into the flipper with a leverage point ratio of 1:1. This is a forward facing flipper like FireStorm and will have no problem toppling the heaviest of robots.
    Chassis: 4mm Grade 5 Titanium monocoque with extra 5mm Titanium ribs to give it more rigidity.
    Drive: 2 x S28-400 Magmotors @ 36v with a 10:1 Mod 2 spur gear reduction
    Batteries: 90 x 3000mAh NiCD cells producing 36v @ 9amp
    Color- the robot and skirts and flipper are blue and the disc is yellow
    Clearance- it has 0mm at the front due to the wedge it has 0mm at the sides due to skirts its 6mm with out it also has a 0mm at the rear due to the small wedge which is there to replace the problem of the skirt being flipped into the disc. The skirts are NOT hinged and held down by torsion-springs so they shouldn€™t spring up and the rear one shouldn€™t go up into the disc
    Notes- The flywheel is at the back off the robot it goes over the back of the wedge so if I can get a robot up the wedge far enough it will be hit by the disc. The skirts stop the robot landing on its side.
    Achievements- as disco, 3rd seed in ajwars and undethed challenge belt holder in ajwars extreme 1-4 ajwars 3 8th seed, as disco 4, semi finalist of the lord of the ring tourney, WINNER OF THE LORD OF THE RING TOURNEY

NAME- Rammy Mk 3
    SHAPE- Invertible box with front hinged wedge
    COLOUR- Blue
    WEIGHT- 94kg
    SPEED- 20mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at the front due to wedge this is both ways, 0mm at sides and rear due to skirts 5mm without, the skirts can be taken off if they aren€™t needed for the fight
    ARMOUR- 4mm Hardox
    MOVEMENT- it has 6 inner vulcalon wheels
    POWER- it uses 2 x lem 130€™s
    WEAPONS- The front wedge can lift up and down powered by a linear actuator, this is only used if the opponent is winning to help get aggression points from the judges. The wedge is hinged so works both ways up however the lifter isn€™t as affective when the robot is flipped though it still works
    SRIMECH- Invertible
    NOTES- Rammy finally comes to the fra after entering frw 8 and some arc tourneys
    STRENGTHS- Compact in size, great pushing power
    WEAKNESSES- Comparatively Light

NAME- Wind Chaser
    SHAPE- Invertible wedge with curved rear
    COLOUR- white with 1 pink line on each side
    WEIGHT- around 96kg
    SPEED- 25mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at the front due to wedge, 0mm at sides due to skirts 5mm at back
    ARMOUR- 4mm Hardox
    MOVEMENT- it has 6 inner vulcalon wheels
    POWER- it uses 2 x lem 130€™s on 48volts
    WEAPONS- It has a rear hinged flipping arm, powered by a lem 130 on 36volts, so it can easily get a robot out of the arena.
    STRENGTHS- Compact in size, great pushing power, powerful weapn
    WEAKNESSES- no rear skirt, no weapon when flipped.

No stop the panicking but here is panicking

Name- Panicking (previously panic 3 GTI 2)
    SHAPE- Low invertible box
    COLOUR- Yellow except for the lifting forks which are black
    WEIGHT- 98kg
    DIMENSIONS- 65cm x 60cm x 15cm (Length x Width x Height)
    SPEED- 23mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0 mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0 mm at front due to forks, 0 mm at sides and rear due to skirts 5 mm with out, the skirts are hinged so flop over when the robot is flipped
    ARMOUR- 12mm polycarbonate
    MOVEMENT- panic now uses 6 Vulcalon wheels to give extra pushing power
    POWER- 2 x LEM130€™s on 36 volts
    WEAPONS- on the front the robot has a pair of invertible lifting forks, the forks are like those on panic attack, the forks are powered by 2 linear actuators
    STRENGTHS- Low ground clearance, reliable weapon
    WEAKNESSES- previously lost to spinners

sorry Kevin, the tournament is full

and lotsa thanks to Martyn, for now I can finally reveal the heat line-ups

Heat A
    Black Panther Queen
    Cosmic Thunder 2
    Judo Chop!
    Natural Selection
    S.D. IV
    Yet Another Cut Above The Rest

Heat B
    Flank Attack
    Love Bite V2.0
    Mega Masher 2
    SOR 5.0
    Storm 2
    Tengu VII

Heat C
    Disco 5
    Going Crunch
    Leprosy Infection
    Omniforce
    Shovearound 2
    Whirligig 4.0

Heat D
    Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    GeForce 4.0
    Kali
    Panicking
    SUNCUST
    The Windmill

Heat E
    Axe-O-Lotl
    Cyberdemon
    Malaria
    Psyclonised
    Slammer V
    Wind Chaser

Heat F
    13Black
    Achilles
    Cacodemon
    Killotine: EVO
    Orka MK4
    Rammy mk 3

Heat G
    Bloody Tears 2
    Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus
    Forcepower 5.0
    Forklift 2
    Tails

Heat H
    Dante
    FBSDS
    Novastorm 2
    Obliteration
    Wedge Devolution
    Wild Thing S4

Predictions? Thoughts? I can€™t wait to hear them

The battle line-up for Heat A will be up soon

thanks Alex, Im just full of enthusiasm, and remember, its also because of the competitors themselves that this tournament can run so fast (well, till now anyway)

but I think Ill wait with the actual battles untill I heard a couple of predictions for the heat winners, although I realise its hard to give an unbiased prediction for every heat when everyone has a competing robot in 6 heats, there are still two heats left for everyone to predict

still needed: Anthony to explain how Judo Chop! works inverted

(Message edited by MajinB on October 20, 2005)

swiss_tony
    Didnt I say the axes worked like Splinter [Theyre horizontil, not like most axes which are vertical] And could fire either way? SO why wouldnt it work inverted?

Register To Comment