Register To Comment
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Mechanical Noise - Series 1

Yay! Fourth place and 2.5 awards! Not too shabby!

It may have taken an ice age to get through, but this tourny hasnt failed to disappoint at all, Marti - especially considering this is only your first. Looking forward to the Final and already eagerly awaiting the Series 2 sign-ups.

Forty-eight robots started this tournament, two robots are left. One of them will be the winner. Who that will be? We€™ll see that in a minute. But first, how did our finalists get this far?

Black Panther Queen
    Round 1: Destroyed Cosmic Thunder, with help from Yet Another Cut Above the Rest
    Round 2: Flipped Judo Chop! OOTA
    Round 3: Flipped Yet Another Cut Above the Rest OOTA
    Round 4: Beat Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus on a JD
    Round 5: Beat Wedge Devolution on a JD

Psyclonised
    Round 1: Beat Slammer V on a JD, with help from Cyberdemon
    Round 2: Destroyed Winde Chaser
    Round 3: Destroyed Cyberdemon
    Round 4: Destroyed Flank Attack
    Round 5: Destroyed Disco 5

and now we know all of this€¦

THE GRAND GRAND FINAL
    The one and only

Black Panther Queen vs Psyclonised

3€¦ 2€¦ 1€¦ Activate!

AND THE FINALS HAVE STARTED! Both machines fighting today had to overcome great odds to get where they are now. Two great finalists we have, and two great potential winners. Fact is, though, that only one of them can take it all. Black Panther Queen seems slightly more eager as he bashes out of his starting square and into the upcoming fray. Psyclonised is still stationary now and starts spinning up his outer ring. Black Panther is storming in at high speed, and with high, I mean HUGE.

Psyclonised isn€™t 100% ready to fend off Black Panther Queen, yet Andy isn€™t quick enough to avoid that what will be the first impact of this grand final! Black Panther Queen rams Psyclonised, nearly stalling the ring, followed by a swift hit of the axe. The axe reaches all the way over Psyclonised spinning ring and dents the Hardox that€™s on top of the spinner! A mere dent it is though. Black Panther Queen employs her other weapon next, but Psyclonised is already moving backwards and the flipper misses its target. The Queen does not want to be left behind and she follows Psyclonised, getting her flipper within the right reach again, and this time using it with more success. Psyclonised is flipped, and Black Panther Queen moves forward to keep on attacking. What Alex didn€™t calculate though, is that when Psyclonised€™s slowly but steadily spinning out ring hits the ground, Psyclonised is levered sideways, negating Black Panther Queen€™s intended onslaught.

Psyclonised is back on its wheels, away from Black Panther Queen, and can finally start spinning up effectively. Alex does not intend to let this happen and rushes across the arena. Psyclonised is only backing off further and further, until its ring reached that deadly top-speed Andy loves so much. With Black Panther Queen being bloody close, Psyclonised moves forward a bit to get that ring in. Alex isn€™t in the mood to sacrifice his flipper just yet and turns around, causing the ring to hit Black Panther Queen€™s side!

CRASH!

A piece of metal flies off the Queen€™s side as she bounces back. Psyclonised€™s ring hardly slows down and Andy goes looking for more blood. Alex himself now advances to his secondary tactic; he raises his flipper up into the air and goes out to box-rush Psyclonised. The ring-spinner has already beaten four of it€™s opponents by pure knockout this tournament, and he seeks to do same with Black Panther Queen. The bots drive in at each other head-on€¦ that€™s gonna be one hell of a collision!

CRASH!

Psyclonised€™s hammers make a huge dent in the Queen€™s aluminum, but also reveal what€™s right behind that aluminum, 2 inches of titanium foam! Most of the impact is absorbed by Black Panther Queen, and the ring is slowed down a bit€¦ but hardly stalled! The Queen now employs her axe€¦ but the remainders of impact caused by the collision send her backwards a bit€¦ enough for her to miss Psyclonised€™s top and hit its ring! The axe-head is caught in that great spinning cage that know bends the axe-shaft€¦ and almost breaks it! Alex pulls back his axe right in time, giving Psyclonised another opportunity to attack Black Panther Queen€™s aluminum again!

CRASH!

Pieces of metal are send flying now, but the Queen€™s inside is still protected by that strong foam of hers. Alex has to come up with something now, with his axe made virtually useless and time running out! Alex tries another box rush€¦ flipper raised, and slightly closer to the arena wall. In comes the Queen, but Andy doesn€™t look all that scared.

CLANG!

Black Panther Queen hits Psyclonised rather effectively, and the foam does exactly what it was made for! The ring-spinner is slammed against the arena wall by the flipping axebot who€™s already beaten two robots by OOTA. Psyclonised will not be flipped OOTA right now though, if only because Black Panther Queen€™s flipper is in upright position . The Queen does have one weapon she can use though, even though it€™s a badly damaged one. She lowers her axe on top of Psyclonised€™s Hardox armour€¦ AND THE AXE-SHAFT BREAKS! The damage done by Psyclonised€™s weapon was to much€¦ and now the shaft breaks on Psyclonised€™s hard armour.

Andy can be seen smiling from his booth, and accelerates Psyclonised forward. With its superior traction, Psyclonised manages to push Black Panther Queen away, and now moves away from Psyclonised itself to get his ring back up to speed. Alex immediately makes use of this great opportunity and drives in at Psyclonised, flipper lowered. When the two ferocious machines hit each other, Psyclonised€™s weapon already reached a nice speed, but not enough to stop the Queen from flipping him. On the other hand€¦ the speed of the ring IS enough to nudge the badly damaged aluminum behind that flipper, and knock a hole in the foam!

Psyclonised topples up and over in the air and lands on its wheels, with the Queen coming in again. The Queen however, seems to be moving slower than normal! Is Psyclonised€™s constant clobbering finally raking its toll? Psyclonised tries to find out by attacking the Queen again, this time at her side, with an onslaught impossible to evade by the damaged Queen€¦

CRASH!

The Queen makes a 360, and this time smoke is coming out of her. What happened? Burnout? Short-Circuiting? We can€™t tell for sure, but seemingly, there is no live left in Black Panther Queen. Psyclonised comes in for the final hit, but the judges are already counting.

1€¦ 2€¦ 3€¦ 4€¦ 5€¦ 6€¦ 7€¦ 8€¦ 9€¦ 10€¦

CEASE

Black Panther Queen has been beaten into submission
    +2>PSYCLONISED WINS MECHANICAL NOISE - SERIES 1!!!

There we have it brothers and sisters, the winner is known, Psyclonised it is, with this, we can take a look at the ultimate ranking list of this tournament, which might just be the seeds for Mechanical Noise - Series 2.

1. Psyclonised
    2. Black Panther Queen
    3. Disco 5
    4. Wedge Devolution
    5. Flank Attack
    6. Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    7. Achilles
    8. Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus
    9. Cyberdemon
    10. Yet Another Cut Above the Rest
    11. Going Crunch
    12. Novastorm 2
    13. Tengu VII
    14. GeForce 4.0
    15. Orka MK4
    16. Forcepower 5.0

I enjoyed hosting this tournament, a lot, and I hope you lot liked it too.

Yes, there will be a Mechanical Noise - Series 2. I€™ll be looking for a slightly different setup there, as well as 12 entrants. I haven€™t got a single clue when it€™ll start; all I know is that Series 1 is over€¦

€¦ now

Good match Andy, and even more so to Martijn! This has been a superb tournament, and I look forward to any more you do. I will have my vengeance, lol.

swiss_tony
    Whoot! Most aggressive award! Better than walking away empty handed!

And 2 seeds! WOOT!

Awesome tourny indeed Marti, cant wait until series 2

+1>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

AWESOME fight there Martijn! What a way to end a spectacular tournament like yours! Go Psyclonized! Congrats to Andy, Alex, and of course Martijn for one hell of a tournament.

I cant wait for MN2, I can tell its gonna be soooo awesome.

Register To Comment