Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Typhoon family?

The Swarm is the name given to a group of robots, The robots in the Swarm are called Locust, Mosquito and Dragon Fly So there is in fact. Only one actual robot called Swarm. But at the end of the day there in America and Gary isnt.

Maybe Gary is in the phase of changing the name. Will you put the pic on your prof, Gary?

according to Garys profile, Hornet is his featherweight bot, and Swarm is the heavyweight

I believe there once was an invertible box-bot with a front horizontal flywheel, I wonder if that might be Swarm/Hornet?

Are you guys going to make another Typhoon bot? If so, give me some ideas, and Ill give you some, Gary.

Right to set the record straight here,

My featherweight bot will be called hornet
    My heavyweight bot will be called swarm

There may well be another bot in the US with either one of these names, I didnt bother to check. All that I was concerned with was whether or not there was one in the UK and there wasnt.

As I said previously team typhoon is no more, there will be no more typhoon combat robots. The members of team typhoon have moved onto other projects. I myself have decided to create my own combat robots. These have nothing to do with team typhoon.

Hornet and Swarm will be based on the same design. A hardox wedged box with a spinning disc at the rear. I am looking at making the heavyweight modular so that I can swap in a different weapon so that I can run it at more events.

Any other questions?

I will get photos on my profile when I have time.

Hornet and Swarm will be based on the same design. A hardox wedged box with a spinning disc at the rear.

Hmm...do you think titanium skirts at the sides and rear may help? Itd help against those nasty flippers, like it helped Biohazard

(Message edited by kodster on April 09, 2006)

Kody you obviously have no idea of the properties of hardox. As far as I am concerned it is far superior to titanium.

What would be the point of putting a skirt at the rear when there is a dirty great big spinning disc there?

Have you ever actually built a combat robot?

Ah, wait, didnt read your last post properly. But skirts still would help at the sides.

No, I havent built a combat robot, but I am thinking of doing so in the near future. I am just trying to pass on advice that I have received from other people.

skirts may well help but ones made from hardox would help more. Do you know how much a sheet of titanium costs brand new? I am making these bots on the cheap! (relatively speaking of course)

Register To Comment