Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek or Star Wars?

Star Trek alllll the way - and beyond....

Mr Stu

Its like comparing war and peace with a cookbook. They are both books, but thats where all comparison ends. You can not say one is better than the other, they just dont compare.

A far better comparison would be Battlestar Galactica vs Star Trek.

Yeah i agree with Leo,
    but dont agree with you Glen. LOL! Star Trek Voyager was the best series!

Mr Stu

Personally I dont think the 2 are even comparable, with one being made for a totally different audience to the other. Also, the eras are so different that the special effects and the music etc. changed so even between the individual series/films themselves theres a great deal of change.

Personally, I think Im one of the few people who prefers the newer films to the older films, a lot of it due to the fact that, as fascinating an idea it was, I dont like the whole 4,5,6,1,2,3 pattern of Star Wars.

With the last 3, Lucas didnt know how broad a scope he had to fill and so the last 3 often seem a little disjointed to me. The first 3 on the other hand, or the last 3 depending on how you want to look at it, had an exact starting point and an exact ending point and I feel that the action was always free-flowing and I believe particularly the 3rd one was a sensational film.

Star Trek on the other hand, I feel went up and then down. I was never too keen on the original series as I found that the characters were too 2-dimensional, and I felt that the series peaked around the TNG and DS9 eras as they formulated both longer-lasting plots, particularly in DS9 but also managed, as was said at the top of the thread to challenge more complex issues such as racial discrimination, the difference between TNG and DS9 was that it was done without referring directly to contemporary issues, which I felt worked, as it was supposed to be set in the future, not flitting between the future ane contemporary when you felt like it.

Voyager improved over time. The early series were terrible, but as it matured, I was certainly sad when it ended, however much I may have spent time campaining for Neelixxs public assasination.

Enterprise was an excellent idea and I loved the casts chemsitry, partiuclarly that between Scott Bakula and Jolene Blalock, but the plots were often overly bland, and the new races did nothing to keep my attention.

The one thing I can say more than any other about Start Trek? I miss Tasha Yar:sad:

So, my prefence? Star Wars as a film, Star Trek as a show, what a cop out, eh? :wink:

I believe particularly the 3rd one was a sensational film.

Having just finished watching it again, I have to agree

Havent seen any of the three :sad:

Register To Comment