Register To Comment

Thread: Can i Run 2 Radio sets in 1 robot? at a event

Is it ok for me to use one t/x to control the drive of my robot, and have a 2nd r/x in my robot and another team mate with a 2nd t/x controlling the weapon- so id have 2 seperate controll systems in the robot?

at a event??

best person to answer this is jonno

Jonnos busy at mo in Holland,

but i can tell you that its not a problem at Roaming Robots events (and most likey not at other events). Though everyone would prefer you to run a cable or something to the 2nd TX like Big Nipper do to save a frequency, but thats fine, just as long as you can get to both RXs to change them in the event of major clashes.

If its just to fire your Flipper Kenny, it might be worth you just exstend the cables from your TX and make a fancy flipper button like on Beast and like we do on Pussycat for the Blade, so much easiler and better and more reliable. But up to you.

Mr Stu
    Roaming Robots Crew
    http://www.roamingrobots.co.ukwww.roamingrobots.co.uk

You can always put 2 RX units with the same crystal, so both RX units are controlled by 1 TX unit. You can use a buddy box system wich is pretty easy to make to us as a fire button/switch/whatever.

It saves a frequency.

Just found out he does not want to change/ulter/damage/mod his brand new shiney TX, but he wants his team mate to have their own button to fire the flipper.

Mr Stu

6. team_ireland
    Or you can do what Leo said but in reverse, 2 Txs with only 1 rx so long as you do not touch the channels on the 2nd tx that are on the 1st etc.

8. team_ireland
    Sorry geoff Maybe I am wrong but it worked for me before.

It is not supposed to work that way but i have found that with some transmitters and receivers it does.

But i wouldnt recommend it.

Register To Comment