Register To Comment

Thread: Bettleweights ?

2. If anything, kilobots (1kg) would probably be a more sensible class to start up in the UK, so just cut your weight by 362g and youd be fine

I think there is to much of a spread in weightclasses anyway. Ants, Raptors, Feathers and middleweights apart from the heavies is in my opinion plenty of difference.

What possible advantage is a 1 kg weightclass going to be? its a Sozweight where the builder couldnt stay within the weightlimit.

What possible advantage is a 1 kg weightclass going to be?

I was just mentioning that as its metric

1kg bots are fun...I made 2 once, a spinner with a 40mm disc powered by a speed 400 and a miniture M2. Although i couldnt get the pneumatics to work very well. There good fun though

I tried to make a kilobot, but it turns out the one-peice steel plate chassis was over 900g, so Im making it a raptorweight instead

8. Why make it its own weight catergory when bots weighing a kilo can enter the featherweight one as it is?
    I know it probably gives them less of a chance against a 12kg machine, but soon, wont you just have every single kilo as an extra weight division? 2kiloweights, 3kiloweights ect. Seems daft to me, thats all.

Register To Comment