Electronize 15A do sometimes get sticky relay syndrome aswell, so there is no such thing as an indestructable controller. I have also had a CPU(if thats the correct term) failure in electronize.

Lenny, the ony advice I can really give you is to do your research, and if possible use something someone else has for now, to gain experience with them before moving on. For example, 24v gold motors work very well with electronize as proven by many robots.

If a motor too powerfull were to be run on one the speed controller it would simply shut down.

.........but they did not in the RCWars robots last year (with the old controllers and same unblowable gurantee) and with the new ones in mine and Petes robot, they blew up, and continue to do so as lately as last week.

But, even IBCs blow up, you have to make sure that the controller you use is suitable, or make sure you can afford to blow it. If you blow an electronize, its a few quid usually to fix, just send it back, they are very good at repairs, and Technobots have been good with me in the past with Electronize also. IBC is not something id want to blow, as its either fix it yourself, or a big repair bill. Mtroniks are not repairable, they need fully replacing, so its a case of either a free one or complete replacement.

Whatever the situation, dont rush into buying the cheapest option.

By the way, in case there is any confusion here, my company actually makes extensive use of, and sell mtroniks speed controllers so I am not trying to put them down, they are very good in smaller machines, just Im being honest and straight with you all as far as putting them in robots goes. Be careful, there are more reliable options for roughly the same money.

Drop me an e-mail Lenny if you need any specific advice