Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Build Check

Yer...Building A robot with free-lance engineering as I like to call it is probs a bad idea.. as Babeth said things often get cut in half...Check my profile pic for proof lol.

Made the chassi 70mm to narrow

lol! better luck next time

Lol i know about free lance engineering- just get a lump of metal and hope it works and if it doesnt melt it back into shape. When any of you are trying for sponsorship or to get free materials what do you find works best- email, letters, phone etc.

I prefer email personnally.

Basically (not so much of a problem now) but if you do it by the phone or face to face then your age can be guessed and if you sound young, they are less likely to offer you help.

Never liked letters, takes too long to set them out properly etc.

LOL, Dave, your free lance engineering is more like tack it on, if it looks good keep it lol. They seem to work in the end tho, once theyve been cut off a few times and welded back on lol.

Erm, sponsorship.. It really depends on how big the company is, where the company is etc. If its a local model shop, then it will always be best to go down and talk to them. (Ed hoppit made a good report on how to get sponsorship) But i suggest that if it is a larger company, then an e-mail is always good. they get checked daily. Also it will give you time to think what you are saying through, and check things over and change them if appropriate.

Always be truthful when you are trying to get sponsors, dont promise things that may not happen!

Well ive found that companies prefer to dismiss emails. Ive written a few letters to send off.

Ive got a space 280mm wide. Will 2 drill motors with wheels fit in this space?

No, youll need about 310-320mm minimum (from previous expirience of squeezed in drill motors). Unless of course you can put the motors beside each other, and the wheels at different points.

ok well ill just assume my prototype is that long even though it isnt.

Pic of prototype on profile

Register To Comment